would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Router - Red Internet Light

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
LeeST
Chatterbox

Hello, I would be grateful for any advice. I’ve been a TalkTalk customer for twelve years.

A couple of months ago I upgraded to Fibre broadband - I was told it would be a solution to slow internet speeds - it isn’t. I was told that speeds would vary for a few weeks to ‘bed instead but to be honest, it’s lousy.

Tonight, I have a solid red internet light on the router. I have tried all the suggested methods, reset, master socket, turn off for thirty minutes but to no avail.

My wife relies on broadband/WiFi for work and my kids will be moaning about not being to do homework etc.

I am already dreading the thought of LiveChat which has never resolved any issue I’ve ever reported.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I’ve been a loyal customer for 12 years but I’m increasingly frustrated at the level of service provided. Can I go to another provider as the promised solution has not materialised? I was promised a minimum of 35mbps, it’s nowhere near that and hasn’t been since upgrading and I currently have no service at all.

All I actually want is to speak to someone who isn’t reading from a script. A few years ago, I spoke to an engineer direct and he resolved the issue within ten minutes. (It has taken 9 hours of calls and chat to get to that stage - he resolved it almost immediately.

Any comments gratefully received.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi LeeST

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults.

Is your router connected at the test socket? Do you have a different router that you can test with?

Is your landline service working ok when making calls?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
LeeST
Chatterbox

Thank you for replying Debbie.

The router is plugged directly into the test socket. I now have an internet service but the WiFi speed varies from 0 to about 20 mbps. It’s very inconsistent and has been ever since we upgraded fibre broadband. 

I only subscribed onto fibre broadband because I was assured and guaranteed decent and consistent internet speed. I was told there would be a variation in speeds for the first two weeks but it is nearly two months now and it is causing a lot of frustration and stress within the household.

Highlighted
LeeST
Chatterbox

We actually don’t have a landline phone. Everyone uses mobiles.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi LeeST

Thanks for your reply.

Have you tested with a different router?

I can send a replacement router for testing, please let me know if you would like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
LeeST
Chatterbox

Hi Debbie. 

Thank you for your reply.

I would be very grateful if you could send another router for testing.

The WiFi is incredibly intermittent and varying wildly in speed. In the past five minutes, I’ve tested it three times and have had speeds of 0.8, 11 and 35 mbps. It’s like that all day long.

I don’t know if it’s coincidence but BT Openreach have been working almost continuously in the surrounding streets recently.

Many thanks

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi LeeST,

I've ordered the router, it should be with your within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
LeeST
Chatterbox

Hi Chris

Many thanks. I will obviously let you know when I receive it and what the result is.

Thanks again

Lee

Highlighted
Community Team