Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Router faulty...or connection faulty?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Popular Poster
  • Hello my router has come but it's not connecting to the internet. It’s so frustrating. The router is faulty. It's been on a flashing amber light for the past seven hours...it can't find a connection. Somethings wrong...either the router or the connection. Iv ran all of the diagnostic tests and it says the problem is the router. I’ve followed all the help guides and tried to reset the router, even the factory settings etc but nothing is different. Iv even checked my TalkTalk socket and used the test socket to see if it’s that. Nothing is different...just a flashing amber light. I think I need a new router...the one Iv been sent is useless. The only other thing it might be is there must be a connection issue and the engineer will need to come back out to look at where it's going wrong. Can you make another appointment for an engineer to come round? Could you also send a new router please? Hopefully the router is the issue and all will be fine. Please help with this because if it doesn’t work this time I’m cancelling the subscription. I’m a brand new customer and iv had endless stress and problems with this when it shouldn’t be the case. It’s really not a good start at all. Thank you
🙂
Highlighted
Philosopher

Have you had a message that your service is live ?

Does your phone work and does dialing 17070 get you a readback of your TalkTalk number ?

Martin
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi, yes I've had confirmation that I am now live...but still not connected. I've ran all the diagnostic tests that they say at the service centre and they all came back as everything working fine...all except the router. It said there was something wrong with the router. 

I haven't got an actual phone to try ringing that number...sorry I'm really new to all of this and no idea what I'm doing...do I need a phone? I wasn't going to use that at all, just needed the phone line for the broadband. 

Many thanks

🙂