Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Router for fibre

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

I've just signed up for fibre from basic broadband.

In the first negotiation they said I would get the new WiFi hub free.

During the follow up call to accept the offer I was told I didn't need a new router to enable the fibre link, but that I could speak to the technical department.

Which I did. They said that when the fibre is connected I should recontact them to see what is needed.

Surely they know whether my existing router will work or not. And why should I wait to experience possible problems on my new service?

My router is a Dlink D3782

Any suggestions?

Cliddy
Highlighted
Community Star

As that router is compatible with a fibre connection you will not automatically be issued with another one. You should have been told however that customers upgrading from regular broadband to fibre are entitled to purchase a WiFi Hub if the wish at the substantially discounted price of £30.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid
Thanks for that, do you feel the new hub would be substantially better than my existing router?
I'm prepared to invest £30 if so.
Cliddy
Highlighted
Community Star

Well, it would only be a personal recommendation. I am a customer just like you so I can only speak for myself.  But in my experience the WiFi Hub performs better than other TalkTalk routers I have had. I must add a caveat that this all depends on your local circumstances.

OK?  🙂

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Thanks for that. I'll wait for the connection to be installed then see how I get on , I'll take a chance on whether the offer is still on. Cheers

Cliddy