Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Router issues and terrible service

47 REPLIES 47
aidantig
Team Player

I've been having issues with my routers for months now. It seems most evenings to drop out for several minutes then reset and come back but can do this several times a night. have paid for a new router and the issue persists. every time I talk to your team they say there is no issue and try and fob me off. 

Last night the issue arose and i was on your chat for 2 hours to then be disconnected and told theyll reply tomorrow with the only suggestion they could give being reset my phone?

Today after a further 3 hours on your chat system I was offered an extender for £55. again not solving my issue. 

I've had an engineer out and they found no issues with my equipment. Chat have suggested i can pay for an engineer to come out. Why? 

I'm so fed up with TalkTalk i want you to end the contract because clearly you have no desire to solve my issue just try and make some more cash.

Aidan

KeithFrench
Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi Aidan

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see re connections on the line.

Which routers have you tested with? (make and model)

Thanks

Debbie

aidantig
Team Player

Debbie,

I used to have the super router which I believe was made my Huawei and now have the TalkTalk WiFi Hub

Community Team

Hi Aidan

Thanks for your reply.

Is your router currently connected at the test socket?

Debbie

aidantig
Team Player

It is connected to the master socket. Which is the only socket I have. 

Community Team

Hi Aidan

Thanks for your reply.

Does this master socket have a test socket?

Debbie

aidantig
Team Player

Hi,

As far as I'm aware it's doesn't .just the socket for internet and a phone socket

Community Team

Hi Aidan

Would it be possible to post a photo of your master socket?

Thanks

Debbie

aidantig
Team Player

IMG_20190305_073829.jpg

Community Team

Hi Aidan

Thank you. This socket does have a test socket under the faceplate.

Would it be possible to connect the router directly at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

aidantig
Team Player

It's now in the test socket

Community Team

Hi Aidan

Thank you. Please can you let us know if the connection continues to drop whilst at the test socket?

Debbie

aidantig
Team Player

15517811742717974290523822833081.jpgCan you confirm this is correct. I've had no signal since plugging it in there.

Community Team

Hi Aidan

Yes, the micro filter connects to the test socket and then the router connects to the filter.

Are there any lights showing on the router? Do you have a dial tone?

Thanks

Debbie

aidantig
Team Player

The router is now connected to the internet and the white light is showing on the router. I don't have a landline phone to connect .

Community Team

Hi Aidan

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Please can you let us know if the connection is still dropping in this set up?

Debbie

aidantig
Team Player

It seems to have stayed online all night in the test socket but I'm not sure if it was on all the time .

Community Team

Hi aidantig,

Thanks for the update. I've re-checked the connection stats and I can still see re-connections on the line. Is the router still connected to the test socket at the moment?

When you tested with the alternative router did you also change the cables and microfilter? As soon as we've confirmed this then we can pass the intermittent connection over to our Network Team for further investigation.

Thanks

aidantig
Team Player

That's a shame. No the cables with the old router were different to the ones I am using on this router . The router is still in the test socket at the moment .