cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Router issues and terrible service

Community Team

Hi aidantig,

Would it be possible to borrow a phone for testing purposes to rule out any issues with voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone? If not then we'll raise this over to our Network Team to investigate the intermittent connection further.

Thanks

aidantig
Team Player

I have no way of getting a phone .

Community Team

Hi aidantig,

Ok thanks. I've passed the intermittent connection over to our Network Team now. If you don't hear back by the end of today then please can you bump your thread and we can re-check for an update on the fault for you.

Thanks

aidantig
Team Player

Will do thabks

Community Team

Hi Aidan

I've requested an update on this fault from our Network Team and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Aidan

Our Network Team have advised that the next step will be to arrange a BT Openreach engineer visit because of interference detected on the line.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Aidan

Thanks for the Private Message.

I have passed your availability for an engineer visit over to our Network Team and I will post back on this thread to confirm the date and time of this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Aidan

The engineer visit has been arranged for Wednesday 13th AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

aidantig
Team Player

All seemed fine but has started dropping out ahain! I'm so fed up with this now. Why do I have to keep paying for a service that you are clearly unable to provide? 

Community Team

Hi aidantig,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've re-run the line test which is now clear, however the connection does look unstable. Could you confirm if the router is still connected directly to the test socket at the moment and I'll escalate this straight back to our Network Team for further investigation.

Thanks

aidantig
Team Player

The router is not in the test socket at the moment. I will put in there now .

Community Team

Hi aidantig,

Ok thanks for letting me know. If the connection is still dropping at the test socket then please let me know and I'll pass this straight over.

Thanks

aidantig
Team Player

It's started dropping out again. And when it is on the speed is unbearably slow .much slower than it should be .When do we discuss compensation? It's been 3 months now .I've paid every month for a service you're not providing

aidantig
Team Player

Still waiting for a reply. The broadband keeps dropping outagain.And the speed is appalling .Reply . Just another show of the terrible attention to customers. What compensation do I receive for the disruption of broadband for the last nearly 4 months? And the lack of help .

Community Team

Hi aidantig

I've passed this fault over to our Network Team and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi aidantig

This fault is now under investigation with a BT Openreach line engineer. We should receive further updates within the next 48hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

aidantig
Team Player

It's now been over 48 hours. And nearly 4 months since I first reported this issue. 

Community Team

Hi aidantig

I've requested an update on this fault from our Network Team and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi aidantig

Our Network Team have advised that a BT Openreach engineer visit has been arranged for 30/03/19 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

aidantig
Team Player

Thats fine as long as they don't need access to my house as I won't be there.