would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Router keeps restarting?

9 REPLIES 9
gmwatts
Team Player

Hi there

Recently my router has started intermittently resetting, roughly every 20 minutes... Which has become incredibly frustrating as it takes about 5-6 minutes to restart and regain the connection.

I've tried swapping the filter and cable but have had no luck. I have also tried accessing the system logs on the router but they aren't showing anything. In the last 5 minutes I've switched on the debug logs option, so maybe that will come up with something. 

Obviously, this is hugely frustrating and makes it very difficult to enjoy my Internet connection. Any help would be appreciated, but it seems like an issue with the router..

Thanks in advance

Just trying to fix problems and geek out.
Community Team

Hi gmwatts

I'm sorry to hear this.

I have updated your router firmware version, please let us know how the connection compares following this.

Thanks

Debbie

gmwatts
Team Player
Hi again, the problem seems to keep happening... Sometimes it's a bit better and lasts an hour or so.. But then it will reset again... And it inevitably happens at the most inconvenient moment, like when I'm watching Amazon Prime or on a WhatsApp call!

However, I can note the update appears to be installed now.

Thank you
Community Team

Hi gmwatts,

When the router resets, do the lights change?

Chris

gmwatts
Team Player
Hi again, yes, all the lights go off. Then one by one they come back on, with Internet being the last light to come back on. As it does when doing a system reset.

It's starting to get really frustrating now!!
Community Team

Hi gmwatts,

I'm sorry for the delay. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out?

Thanks

gmwatts
Team Player
Hi again

That's OK, I apologise for my own delay in some replies as well.

That would be great if you could send a replacement router to test the connection, yes please.

Thank you for your help
Community Team

Hi gmwatts

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

gmwatts
Team Player
Hi again, it arrived today - very quick, thank you!

I have set it up but am out until this evening, so I'm hoping by the time I get back it will be running at the correct speed and I'll be able to properly test it.

Thanks again - I'll let you know if I have any problems, or if it works out fine.
Community Team

Hi

Test when you can and do report back if there are any issues.

Thanks

Karl.