Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Router keeps restarting

Highlighted
Team Player

Hello @OCE_Michelle 

Everything was replaced. The router is plugged into the normal socket - not the test one. Do I need to use the test socket for your checks?

regards. 
Paul

Paul
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Paul,

Thanks for confirming. Would it be possible to connect the microfilter and router at the test socket for 24hrs to see if the connection is still unstable in this set up? If it is then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to the property.

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Michelle 

@I will connect to the test socket within an hour. Do I need to make contact in 24 hours or will you message?

Many thanks

Paul
Highlighted

Hi Paul,

Thank you. I'll check back in with you in the morning to see how the stability has been.

Thanks 🙂

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Michelle 

The filter is plugged into the test socket and the adsl cable is plugged into the filter. 

Hope that’s right. 

Regards. 

Paul
Highlighted

Hi Paul,

Thanks for confirming and I'll check the stability again in the morning.

Thanks 🙂

Highlighted

Morning Paul,

I've re-checked the connection stats now and it looks like the connection may still be dropping. How have you found the connection since the router has been connected at the test socket?

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Hello @OCE_Michelle 

The connection dropped at about 9.30pm last night - as to whether it stopped other times I don’t know as I’ve not been in the house. My daughter was on Xbox yesterday and I’ll ask when she wakes if she lost connection. 

regards. 

Paul
Highlighted

Hi Paul,

Ok thanks for confirming. Would you like to go ahead and arrange an engineer visit to the property?

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Michelle 

What’s normally involved? Will they check my wiring between the arrival

point at my property and the master socket? Also do you know out of interest what kind of costs there might be?

Thanks 

Paul
Highlighted

Hi Paul,

I've included a Help Article below which contains more information.

Engineer charges

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Thanks @OCE_Michelle 

My service wasn’t perfect with my last provider so maybe there is a bigger issue. Please arrange for an engineer visit. I think it best to get checked properly. 

Many thanks 

Paul
Highlighted
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Michelle 

I have just tried my landline and I have no dial tone. All cables are in the test socket so maybe this is what the issue is. Any news on when an engineer might be coming? I need to go back to the original socket so I have my phone line. 

Thanks. 

Paul
Highlighted

Hi,

I'm sorry for the delay. Is there a dial tone if you just connect the phone to the test socket?

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Michelle 

I connected the phone straight to the test socket without the filter and there is a dial tone. Then I connected through the filter and there was a dial tone. I then realised the line I’d checked this morning was an extension line. 

I have my main phone and the extension going through a splitter. Main phone works but extension doesn’t. This is with and without the filter in the test socket. 

I guess an engineer will be able to figure it. 

Regards. 

Paul
Highlighted
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Michelle 

The router has reset itself 3 times in the last hour or so. I still have it plugged in to the test socket.

Regards

Paul
Highlighted

Hi Paul,

If you'd like us to arrange an engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details 

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Chris 

I accept the engineer charges. If possible an AM appointment would be preferred. 

Regards

Paul

Paul
Highlighted

Hi Paul

I've booked the engineer for Monday September 07 2020, AM (8am-1pm) - please let us know how you get on

(just noticed your earlier post about the extension socket not working, please note that removing the master socket faceplate will disconnect any extension wiring/sockets)

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Chris 

The extension just plugs in like the main line. 

Thanks for booking the engineer. I’ll discuss with him when he’s here. Can I confirm - he’s checking from the point the phone line hits my property to the master socket right? He’ll check that wiring?

Thanks. 

Paul