Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Router keeps restarting

Highlighted
Team Player

Hello @OCE_Chris 

The Openreach Engineer has been and has said he couldn't find anything that actively pointed to the issue. He has replaced my master socket and asked me to see how things go.

Please may I ask that you keep an eye on the line. I will advise if  I have any noticed line drops.

Many thanks for all your help.

Regards

Paul
Highlighted
Team Player

Good evening @OCE_Chris  @OCE_Michelle  @OCE_Debbie 

My router has reset 5 times - that I know of - since the engineer left.

16:01

20:12

20:38

21:53

22:11

I know I got an email saying it would take a few days for the service to settle, but should I still be having my router restart itself????

Please advise!!

Thank you.

Paul
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Paul,

Sorry for the delay and I'm also sorry to hear this. I've re-run the line test now which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see re-connections on the line. Would you like us to arrange another engineer visit?

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Hello @OCE_Michelle 

My router has just reset itself for the second time in 15 minutes. 

The last engineer said he couldn't see any faukt - will another engineer find anything different? If you can see reconnections, what is generating them? Is it a fault on the line or a faulty router?

If you think another engineer visit will help then please go ahead and arrange it. Whatever day is available please arrange for a morning appointment.  

Regards

Paul
Highlighted

Hi Paul

Apologies for this.

The re connections can be caused by a line fault or a faulty router/equipment connected to the line. Would you like me to send another router first so this can be ruled out?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Good morning @OCE_Debbie 

Yes - I think that would be a good idea. I'm hoping this solves the issue as the engineer that was here the otherday  said he was unable to fault the line althoiugh he could see the reconnections.

I'll do as before and return this router once the new one is set u and working.

regards

Paul
Highlighted

Hi Paul

Thanks for your reply.

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive. Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Hello @OCE_Debbie 

Hopefully it will be here before the weekend. I will monitor it and message Sunday evening with any issues (hopefully none).

Many thanks

Paul
Highlighted

Hi Paul

No problem 🙂

You should receive this tomorrow or Saturday.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Debbie 

What can I say? Things have gone from bad to worse!!!!! Although we have gone all the way to 8.30pm on Sunday with no restarts I have had major issues connecting devices. My daughter could not connect her Xbox today. My iPhone wouldn’t connect - I kept being told that the password was incorrect. I now have all networks telling me there’s no internet. I get the same when I plug my laptop in with the cable - no internet. I am typing this via my mobile using my data. 

This is not the service I am paying for. I should not be on my third router AND still not getting full access. 

I have restarted my router. What else can I do? I am getting to the point of cancelling my contract as this service is not fit for purpose. 

I have attached a word document with two images  - one for WiFi and one for the Ethernet cable. 

Your thoughts please. 

Paul
Highlighted

Hi Paul,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've re-run the line test now which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see re-connections on the line. Would you like us to arrange the engineer visit again for you? Could you provide some more availability please.

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi Paul,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've re-run the line test now which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see re-connections on the line. Would you like us to arrange the engineer visit again for you? Could you provide some more availability please.

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Michelle 

The events I am aware of consist of a restart at 4.30pm, 7.30pm and 7.35pm. I just need to know what is going on? If you think the issue is an Openreach problem then please arrange another visit. The only day I can’t do is Saturday 19th. I can fit into any other availability. 

Many thanks. 

Paul
Highlighted

OK Paul I'll book the engineer visit, are you available AM and PM? Do you have a preference?

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Chris 

Not fussed. Someone will be here. I think the soonest possible. Only session I can’t do is Saturday (19th) in PM. All other days are fine. 

Many thanks. 

Paul
Highlighted

Hi Paul,

I've booked the engineer for tomorrow morning - September 18 2020, 08:00-13:00 - please let us know how you get on

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

Morning @OCE_Chris

Openreach have just left and made a few adjustments to things that may have affected the line..... he has also given me a few scenarios to try over the next few days. I will monitor the line now until early next week and advise if there are any further issues.

Thank you for your help.

Regards

Paul
Highlighted

Thanks for the update Paul 🙂

Chris

Highlighted
Hi, I'm not sure if I should reply here or start a new thread. I'll start here and see how it goes. I'm having the same problem, router restarts several times a day/evening.

I contacted customer support and they ran a check, said everything is ok and changed my wireless channel.

Router keeps restarting, usually if I'm watching on demand and more annoyingly whilst online gaming.

I'll wait to see if I get a reply on this post before starting a new thread.

Derek.
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi

I would start your own thread.

Also make sure your profile is updated to contain your full name and telephone number

Without this information support will be unable to be offered.

Thanks