Did you mean: 
Need help?

Router light flashing orange. No IP addresses

ANSWERED
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Team Player

Hi,

We had a number of power cuts today and now power is back on and stable but the router is still flashing orange. None of my neighbours are having broadband issues...

The router flashes orange and none of my devices that are DHCP are receiving IP addresses and neither can I reach the router on it's standard IP address. Pinging the router doesn't help.

David
Highlighted
Team Player

The Wireless SSID appears though, but the router stays flashing orange and the Web interface never starts up so I can't access the management etc

David
Highlighted
Team Player

I purchased a TP-Link ADLS2+ modem router but for the life of me I can't figure out the settings required to set it up

ISP Connection type: PPPoE/PPPoA, Dynamic, Bridged, etc

VCI, VPI?

Authentication LLC or VC MUX etc?

Is there no set of tables which show how to configure these settings for TalkTalk?

After all that I plugged in an old SKY router and it just worked...

David
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi david,

I'm sorry for the delay. Do you still need assistance with this?

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

@OCE_Michelle absolutely. So far I am appalled at the level of service from TalkTalk. I doubt I would ever use your service again.

I spoke to a Support person on the phone who ran some tests and it's clearly the router that is now not working. I have an old Sky Broadband router which I have connected up in the meantime, but I need TalkTalk to send me a new router not just effectively abandon me for 3 days with effectively now service.

I was told a Service Manager would call me back within 72 hours but that never happened. I also have a very demanding job and don't have much time during the day to sort things out.

What can be done to move this on?

David
Highlighted
Solution

Hi David

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

@OCE_Debbie Thanks for this. New Router works.

I'll pack the old one up and send it back.

David
Highlighted

Hi David

That's great, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie