Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Router not received.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
First Timer

Hi, 

I ordered broadband about 3 weeks ago, my go live date was the 22nd October, in which my old provider cancelled my internet, Ive now been left with no internet and support have not helped in getting a date.

i read that cancelling a new service is possible within 20 days of your order date, however my order date was more than 20 days, am I still able to cancel, as I am not sure how it takes more than 3 week to deliver a router.

Highlighted
Community Star

Sorry to hear about this, have you enquired as to the  missing router previously? Has your service in fact gone live? You may be able to use an alternative router for the time being if you have one.

If you would like the online support team to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile here so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

Highlighted
Problem Solver

I THINK you have a 30 day period to cancel after going live but quite honestly the quickest way to get online again now is to get a TT router delivered. An OCE will be able to help you with that.

Routers are delivered by courier so they can (and occassionally do) go missing. At the risk of stating the obvious did you get any notification about a router delivery date (email) which is usually very close to the going live date? And what is the status when you log into My Account on the TT web site? When I was waiting to go live it updated with messages about the router delivery amongst others.

Fritz

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Blitzga

The fibre orders have completed earlier today and I can see a connection and authentication logs, although not from a TT router.  Looking at your account, it looks like a request has been made for a router to be dispatched by our colleagues earlier.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
First Timer
No I haven’t received any update about a router delivery date, I received an email yesterday about TalkTalk Super Safe and that my Faster Fibre is ready to go, only it’s not because I don’t have the router lol.

Thought I would be pretty safe with my old provider contract running out on the 4th November, but seems TalkTalk took over earlier and so I doubt that I’ll even be going live before the weekend, which means I have no TV, nothing until however long..... never had this experience before.
Highlighted
First Timer
Thanks for the response, I’m a little confused as to why the router has not been dispatched already but you guys have obviously already taken over my line for my previous provider to end my service early, I ordered a month early to avoid any disruption in service as I run a business from home, not to mention I can’t watch TV without an internet connection.
Highlighted
Community Star

OK, just to check, did you order a TalkTalk Business account? Also, from what OCE Karl says your service is live, do you have router you can use until the TalkTalk one arrives?

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @Blitzga

Your router has been dispatched I have added your tracking number to your community profile, in the private notes section. 

Regards