Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Router randomly disconnects - DNS issues

13 REPLIES 13
mrkinny
Popular Poster

can someone assist, when browsing on laptop (wifi) my page will freeze (different sites not just the one) I click on Troubleshoot and windows checks a few things at at the end it says dns resolved (gateway) and everything works again.

I have used the chat facility 3 times and each time they run tests but as I follow up they cant answer what the problem is.

I read here previously someone has a similar problem and an advisor sent a replacement router out and this fixed his issue - Can I get this?

I have changed the dns in router settings, updated all software, rebooted router several times and plugged directly into the maser socket all with the same problem, so I think it is hardware related.

thank you.

MrKinny Windows, Linux and Android.
OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi mrkinny

Apologies for this.

I can send a replacement router for testing, would you like to test with the same router you currently have or a different make and model?

Thanks

Debbie

mrkinny
Popular Poster

it is the sagem Fast router - i'm not fussed just whatever will give me the same performance as I have had. preferably whatever is newest

thank you for getting back to me so quickly

regards

mrkinny
Popular Poster
TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub Black seems to be the latest model - could i test that and see if fixes the issue?
OCE_Debbie

Hi mrkinny

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

mrkinny
Popular Poster
WILL DO - MANY THANKS
OCE_Debbie
mrkinny
Popular Poster

10 out of 10 for service, replacement router arrived today 🙂 - have just swapped over unit itself to test service for a few days, if all goes well I will replace the cables and box up old equipment for return.

can I ask if I need to mail old equipment back as I stay near a council run facility that processes WEEE (lets me keep my carbon footprint down or else Greta will get onto me)

thank you once again and hopefully the issue is resolved

Regards

OCE_Debbie

Hi mrkinny

Thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Yes that will be fine 🙂

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie

mrkinny
Popular Poster

oh well of was worth a try,

the issue is happening on the replacement router as well, what are my options, I've checked all my equipment elsewhere and it works fine but both routers are doing the same (DNS/internet dropping)

not good 😞

OCE_Michelle

Hi mrkinny,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've re-run the line test which is still clear and I can see 1 re-connection in the last 4 days. Has the connection been dropping off more than this? Was the replacement router the same make and model?

Thanks

mrkinny
Popular Poster

same make and model.

I rebooted the router but still get the DNS error which requires me to troubleshoot in windows, once thats completed my connection is restored.

it was great for the first day but then it was happening just as often as before.

OCE_Michelle

Hi mrkinny,

We're currently looking into this specific issue at the moment and we'll let you know as soon as we receive an update back.

Thanks

OCE_Michelle

Hi mrkinny,

We've received an update to let us know that this should now be resolved. Please let us know how your connection and performance compares now.

Thanks