cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Router reboots and factory resets itself

5 REPLIES 5
First Timer

The last few days my router has been rebooting itself, sometimes for 30 minutes it will keep rebooting and sometimes for 2 hours, it also factory resets itself changing the SSID and passwords to default.

Router logs say: User admin(192.168.1.2) Reboot from the LAN side.

and: Factory reset by User Reset Button.

192.168.1.2 is my local pc ip but no one is rebooting or reseting the router.

After restting itself multiple times it will work fine for 3-6 hours then start rebooting again for 30 mins - 2 hours.

I thought it might be overheating but its in a cool place and doesn't seem to be hot to touch, The router is at least 5 years old.

Update: Just rebooted again log says,

User admin Reboot from the LAN side.

But i am the only one connected and have not rebooted the router.

Community Star

Hi @SpaceMonkey ,

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this forum to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

If they believe your router is failing then they would be able to send you a replacement.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi SpaceMonkey

I'll get a replacement router out to you and see how that performs.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

First Timer

Thank You, do you know when it will arrive?

Community Star
Hi, the staff won't be around until Monday now, but normally new routers only take a day or two to arrive.
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi SpaceMonkey,

This will usually arrive within 48-72hrs.

Thanks