Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Router resets randomly throughout the day

8 REPLIES 8
kahyang
Chatterbox

Hi TalkTalk team,

My router randomly resets a few times each day (light goes orange, wifi disconnects) and then reconnects after 1-2 minutes. I have done a line test and nothing has flagged up. Very frustrating as working from home. I think the issue could be the router. Would this be something Talktalk could look at? Thank you.

Skynet_TX
Community Star

Hi @kahyang,

If you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within two or three working days. You may get faster support from the live chat or by phoning up during opening hours.

The staff will be able to test your connection and router, and if they did suspect a fault with the router they would be able to arrange a replacement.

kahyang
Chatterbox

Hi there, thank you for the below. I did speak to an agent and have connected the microfilter straight into the test socket. It still drops my internet/router.

I have now updated my account, thank you.

kahyang
Chatterbox

Hi again,

I have been trying to contact customer service but the chat is always busy, and the line doesn't go through. The latest update I see on my account is that "there is a network issue" on my services. Please can you confirm if this means Talktalk has acknowledge post-test the issue is with the network, and not my property? Please advise next steps if possible.

Thank you.

OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi kahyang

I'm really sorry for the delay.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see re connections on the line.

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing to rule out any possible faults with the router?

Thanks

Debbie

kahyang
Chatterbox

Hi Debbie, yes please this would be much appreciated.

OCE_Debbie

Hi kahyang

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

kahyang
Chatterbox

Hi Debbie,

Unfortunately the new router has not worked. It is still dropping connection. It is random. Yesterday there was no dropouts, today it dropped about 5 times. I don't think it's my internal line issue, must be something with the line?

I'm getting quite frustrated. 

Thank you.

OCE_Debbie

Hi kahyang

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Is the replacement router currently connected at the test socket?

If the connection is still dropping with a different router, filter and adsl cable at the test socket then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie