Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Router won't connect smart bulbs

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Participant

Hi all,

Talk talk kindly told me I had to change router to get my latest fibre package. After installing this router and being charged £30 for the privalige of using it I now have 5 smart bulbs that will not connect so costing me in effect £130 to use this fibre with this router!!. Each bulb cost me £20 and the hub will not connect to any of them even though they are all in setup mode. If I install the old router then the work so its definitely something within the router stopping it. Can a member of the Tech team get back to me with a solution please before I cancel and go to virgin or bt thanks OCE please can you look into this asap.

Andy Gent

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @andybum1 your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear during the day have you tried splitting the ssid 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Highlighted
Participant
Yes mate tried that renamed both and even switched off the 5g and left 2.4 only which is what all the smart bulbs run on. I now have 5 smart bulbs that are completely useless and cost me £50 plus the router £80 great stuff eh ??
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi andybum1

I'll swap out the router for a different model Hub and see if this works better.

Out of interest, what make / model are the smart bulbs ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES