would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

SSL VPN connection drops still occurring

9 REPLIES 9
duds2000
Chatterbox

Hi Team,

I've been a TalkTalk Fibre broadband customer for 2 years. I work from home for a few hours a day each week, and often need to join meetings in the evenings, connecting to my company's SSL VPN service using Mobile VPN with SSL client.

This has worked fine up until 15/01/19, but then all of a sudden I am experiencing problems with my VPN connection dropping. I have been trying to get this sorted using your chat / text message service for 5 days continuously, and there has been no success (I think that service is a complete waste of time). I am sure you can appreciate how frustrating this can be let alone how disruptive it is to my ability to work from home. I have had to resort to using the telephone today to join meetings due to the instability of my VPN connection, in turn using all my mobile data allowance.

I have run Broadband status, and speed, checks at the times when I have expericed VPN drops and no issues are reported.

I have tried connecting using a friends broadband provider and everything works fine. I have also tried using a different PC at home to connect to the VPN, and that also fails. I believe this points to the router and not the VPN software.

I was otherwise a happy TalkTalk user up until a week or so ago, and therefore would like to get this issue resolved as I need to have a stable, reliable VPN connection otherwise I will seriously have to consider changing my broadband provider. Therefore I would really appreciate any help you can give to get this resolved once and for all.

Regards,

Dave

Community Team

Hi Dave,

I'm sorry to hear this. Which router are you currently using? (make and model) . Does the connection only drop when using VPN? Is it stable the rest of the time?

Thanks

duds2000
Chatterbox

I have a Fast 5364 sagemcom. The connection only drops when I am using VPN.  I have tried using it on other networks and the VPN works fine, for example I can use it when I am staying at hotels, or in restaurants or when I am at other people’s houses, it just doesn’t work at my house using your router / broadband.  It did work fine up until 15/01/19 then it started dropping connection when using VPN. I have tried rebooting the router several times but there is no effect

Community Team

Hi Dave

I've made some changes, please can you test this again and let us know how you get on?

Thanks

Debbie

duds2000
Chatterbox

Hi Debbie, no it is still the same. I have tried rebooting the router too, but still no luck.

I am trying to connect using Watchguard Mobile VPN with SSL client, it connects, but then keeps dropping off after a few seconds

Community Team

Hi duds2000,

I can send you a different make and model of router to test with, would you like me to arrange this?

Chris

duds2000
Chatterbox

yes, please could you send me a different make and model of router to see if that works. I have tried the same router and the results are no different, the VPN connection keeps dropping

Community Team

Hi duds2000

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

duds2000
Chatterbox

It is now working fine with the new router. Thank you very much for sorting this

Community Team

Hi duds2000

That's great news, thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Debbie