Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Sacgecom router WiFi channel hopping broken

alecu
Team Player
Hi Chris,

Yes - I had the "Channel Selection" set to "AUTO" on the router. That worked as expected since the change mentioned by @OCE_Karl in the post above.

Then as of last Friday (I think) I noticed devices again losing connectivity and when I checked the router the "Channel Selection" was set to 1. Changed it back to "AUTO" a couple of times since and after a few hours it's always being reverted to a fixed channel number. Same behavoiour as that originally reported at the start of this thread.

Alec.
Community Team

Hi  alecu 

Our performance monitoring tool will only change channels when interference is detected.  It will learn about each device that is connected over time. We are unable to disable the monitoring system.

Thanks

Debbie

alecu
Team Player
Hi Debbie,

I'm sorry but that's not good enough. The tool can be disabled, it has been disabled before so I'm finding it hard to understand why you say it can't be. Whatever this tool does clearly breaks customers' networks (I'm sure I'm not the only one facing this issue) and should not have been deployed without thorough testing in the first place. Using customers as guinea pigs is bad practice and quickly burns through any goodwill they may have towards you.

Please disable this monitoring tool on my line or put me in contact with someone who can.

Thanks,
Alec.
Community Team

Hi Alec

We are unable to disable this. Apologies for this.

Thanks

Debbie

alecu
Team Player
Hi Debbie,

Understood. Please advise how to escalate this.

Thanks,
Alec.
Community Team

Hi

The monitoring tool uses many complex algorithms and will learn about devices that are connected.  As you can appreciate the number of devices that people use these days is vast with more being added almost daily.  It would be impossible to maintain a database with the characteristics of each device, so the system will learn as much as it can about each device a customer connects and will improve over time.  If we turn this off for all customers then it will not learn and develop as a tool.

As such, our network managers have limited the access that we have to this tool whilst it is in a learning phase. 

We would be unable to disable the features of this tool currently, and we will be discussing options in a future meeting with our network colleagues.

At present, all we can advise, if a customer is unhappy with the performance is to follow our Complaint Process.

Thanks

Karl. 

alecu
Team Player
Hi Karl,

Thank you for the helpful reply. I hope you will be able to persuade whover is the decision maker on this that there has to be a way to disable a system that doesn't work until such time as it gets fixed. We are after all paying customers, not a test team and we expect a service that works now as we're paying for it, not in the future after it has 'learned'.

FYI I've also lodged a formal complaint regarding this and will try to escalate it at my end.

Thanks,
Alec.
alecu
Team Player
Hi Karl, Debbie,

Do you have any feedback on this, or suggestions for a potential alternative solution?

As I've mentioned I'm trying to escalate this however in the mean time the issue still persists meaning I'm left with an unusable WiFi.

Thanks,
Alec.
Community Team

Hi Alec,

Sorry we have no feedback, have you been in contact with anyone regarding your complaint?

Chris

alecu
Team Player
Hi Chris,

Unfortunately nothing particularly helpful so far (I keep bing referenced back to you) but still attempting to have it escalated.

Do you have any further information, I can't imagine I'm your only customer experiencing this issue?

Thanks,
Alec.
Community Team

Hi Alec,

We don't have any further information at the moment but we have passed on your concerns to the relevant team, when we have any more information we'll let you know.

Chris