Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Sagecom FAST 5364 Instructions?

ANSWERED
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi. I have just fitted the Sagecom FAST 5364 and the WiFi signal certainly seems better than the previous jobbie.

However, I don't know how to adjust things like allowing access to certain devices (yes, I mean turning off certain phones at bedtime...)

I can turn off the whole WiFi easily enough, but this isn't what I wish to do. How can I even fully delete individual devices such as from folk who were only visiting for a day?!

Thanks 🙂

Highlighted
Community Star

Whilst I can provide you with my unofficial manual, you cannot do what you want with restricting access to devices at night. You can restrict access to any WiFi device via MAC Address Filtering, but this is not time based & anyway it is no longer considered to be a secure feature. Some access can be controlled within MyAccount, such as Homework Time etc.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Thanks Keith.

I'm not looking for an automatic feature, just the ability to log on and remove the WiFi from certain devices at will. On the previous Huawei, I could allow all, none or tick boxes for the listed devices I wished to have/not have WiFi. This is not possible on the Sagecom?!

Cheers.

Highlighted
Community Star
Solution

It is only the scheduling facility that is not provided. MAC address filtering is available on the WiFi.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Thanks. So I delete using each device's mac addy?

Cool - many thanks 🙂

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi.

I still need info on how to delete individual WiFi devices, please.

Highlighted
Community Star

You can't delete any devices from the main device listing on the Advanced settings page, if this is what you want, short of doing a factory default. However, it does not show inactive devices. There were all sorts of bugs with this in firmware 2600, but these are fixed in 2808.

Keith

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Thanks again Keith, and sorry for the late reply - swapping PCs...

My Sagecom does have the latest firmware you mention - 2808.

TalkTalk, is this correct? You are seriously telling me that on this new super-dooper WiFi router that once a device is signed up to it it cannot be removed?! You have got to be kidding. Surely?

I now have no control over my kid's use of WiFi on their A-level years, short of me physically taking their devices off them? 

This is nuts.