Did you mean: 
Need help?

Sagemcom-FAST5364 WAN Port Problem

4 REPLIES 4
Tacolneston
First Timer

Hi,

If possible I'd like a bit of help with this:

I upgraded to 150meg Gfast a couple of weeks ago and I'm mainly really pleased with it, I get the full 150 down and about 27 up, the problem I have is that the WAN port that I am now using on my Fast5364 seems to be a bit dodgy.

When the Openreach man visited to install the new openreach modem and faceplate he had to try 3 different Ethernet leads to make a successful connection to the 5364 from the modem, once it was working, both modem and 5364 were happy. I had 150 down and all was good.

Since then EVERY morning the following occurs, I do a speed test and get everytime only 99 meg down, 27 up, I power cycle the 5364 by removing the mains adapter (not touching the unit) and it reboots and sits there with no ethernet connection to the modem (no lan led lit on modem) I then wiggle (without removing) the Ethernet cable in the WAN socket on the 5364, the ethernet connection restores and I get 150 down 27 up, solid all day/night 0800 - 0000,  when I go to bed, until the next morning when it all repeats.

Cable prob you would think, well I have tried lots of different Ethernet cables for the WAN connection ,  all good quality from different suppliers, CAT5, CAT6 but the same continues. I've also tried another wireless router with the modem and it did not have the same issues, I'd use that one but the 5364 is better when it is working!

I possibly think that the Gigabit wan port has a dry solder joint on it that shows itself when the temp drops overnight, it drops from gigabit to 100meg, I then see 99 in the morning, the reboot resets it to gigabit and a wiggle makes it good again ! ?

Thanks for reading, I'd appreciate any comments/help.

Cheers

Andy

KeithFrench
Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi Andy,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your router, would you like me to send another one to test with?

Thanks 
Chris

Tacolneston
First Timer

Hi Chris,

That would be great, thanks🙂 👍

Community Team

I've ordered the router, it should be with your within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery

Thanks

Chris