Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Sagemcom Fast 5364 Not Issuing IP Addressess Needs Regular Reboot

ANSWERED
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Participant

Please could I get some help with our TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub?

For the past week we've been having issues with the Sagemcom Fast 5364 not Issuing IP Addresses. Which can only be resolved by rebooting the Router every day sometimes more.

I think it might be a fault with the Router itself because we have a solid connection to the internet with 68mbps download and 19-20mbps upload speeds.

WiFi signal is fantastic, we have 3 Tablets, 2 Phones, 2 Smart TV's and Sky Q running. All were working really well until a week ago. The problem is really apparent with the PlayStation 4, which is connected via Ethernet directly to the Router.

I get an error message saying "Failed to issue IP address in time" once I reboot the Router the issue resolves for a while.

I've had the PS4 looked at by engineer, apparently there is no problem with the console as I connect directly via Ethernet. had Sky Engineer check our Sky setup and again they report no issue with that.

I wonder if it would be possible to get a replacement Router please? As both engineers have said it is highly likely there is a fault with Router itself.

The Firmware version: SG4K1000260

Thank you

Bill Gunn, Musician, Author, Creator and dabble in Technology at weekends
Highlighted
Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Participant

@KeithFrench Thank you very much, really appreciate it. I've updated profile information now.

Hope you have a good weekend

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff
Solution

Hi bill80

Sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with your router. Can you initially try resetting your router to factory default settings and then retest. If this doesn't resolve the issue please let us know and we can look into it further

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Participant

Hi @OCE_Chris 

Thanks for this. I've just reset the Router and everything looks to be back up and running again!

Fingers crossed...

Thanks again

Bill

Highlighted

Hi Bill

That's great, thanks for keeping us updated.

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie 🙂

Highlighted
Participant

Hi, @OCE_Debbie @OCE_Chris @KeithFrench 

Thanks again for your help, hopefully I'm not tempting fate. But ever since I did the "pinhole reset" my connection is stable again. Excellent speeds too!

Ran a Speed test using Speedtest by Ookla Android app. I'm getting consistent 69 - 72Mbps DL and 18 - 19Mbps Upload.

Very happy indeed. When I was experiencing issues I read about Firmware updates, do you install them in the background or is it something the user/customer has to check periodically?

It's great to have everything up and running again. I am still amazed at how much of an impact having an internet connection has on our day-to-day life. If it goes down it's like losing a limb!

Hope you have a great weekend! 😁

Cheers,

Bill

Highlighted

Hi Bill

Firmware updates are pushed automatically and your Hub should be on V2600t.

If a firmware update is missed, we can push this manually from here.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES