Need help?

Sagemcom Fast 5364 network bridge MAC/IP address woes

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hardware ver: FAST5364 3.00
Software ver: SG4K10002808t

Hi,

On my primary PC, I have Oracle Virtualbox's host-only ethernet adapter bridged with my Realtek adapter and had reserved the first available IP address, i.e. 192.168.1.10. After upgrading to Win10, the network bridge was assigned a new MAC address, forcing a new IP address, and I now find I can't re reserve the original IP address as I'm informed it is still in use.

I was under the impression that the DHCP reservation might expire after some time (since 14 Feb), but this doesn't seem to be the case.

Will I need to perform a factory reset or is there an updated software version that facilitates the release of old address reservations?

Thanks for any insight.

Highlighted
Community Star

You should certainly be able to cancel a reservation. Go to the Advanced Configuration page click on the device in question that is already reserved and there is a cancel reservation button there.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi fade2gray,

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question, @KeithFrench, are you able to offer any assistance?

Chris

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @OCE_Chris 

I have already done so.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

@KeithFrench@OCE_Chris  Hi,

I am well versed in creating/deleting reservations with the 5364.

Chain of events: (note: DHCP pool 192.168.1.10 - 192.168.1.254)

1. Pre Win10 upgrade: Reserve 192.168.1.10 for primary PC.
  2. Post Win10 upgrade: Found I was unable to remotely connect to, or ping, primary PC.
  3. cmd.exe > ipconfig tells me my PC's address is now 192.168.1.68.
  4. The router shows my PC as a new device with a different MAC address to the previously reserved IP address.
  5. Delete the old 192.168.1.10 reservation.
  6. Attempt to reserve the new MAC with 192.168.1.10 only to be informed it is still in use.
  7. Reboot the router and try again - failed.
  8. Try again on many occasions - failed.
  9. I have not tried a factory reset.

It appears that with all the other limitations and issues, this router's firmware is not fit for purpose, or is at least unable to cope with a surprise your OS throws at it.

I missed the opportunity to trial a 'new' router - are they now being issued with new accounts?

Highlighted
Community Star

Try a factory reset then.

Keith

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

@KeithFrench  Perhaps I will, but more to the point should I have to?

Is there no 'pro' version of the software - also, about the new 'trialled' router?

Highlighted
Community Star

I have not noticed this problem, but then I have not used your exact scenario. No there is no "pro" version, the other question I cannot answer, because I am just a customer.

Keith