Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Sagemcom fast 5364 router - No Power

13 REPLIES 13
Scrim
Chatterbox

I received the new fast router at the end of May it worked fine until the 8th Jun when it was not receiving power no light, on carrying out checks I found that the AC/DC adapter was not working. I contacted TalkTalk via live chat and after chatting to several operators and various checks being carried out they eventually stated that I needed and engineer visit. I informed them that the problem was the adapter not the line, but to no avail they insisted an engineer attended which I reluctantly agreed too. Engineer from OpenReach arrived on the 10th Jun and found no faults on the line, which I already knew. I was then received a Text from TalkTalk stating the issue was resolved, which obviously it wasn't as the problem was the Power Adapter. On contacting Customer Services and explaining that I had a faulty Power Adapter and requested a replacement they informed me that I would have to pay for a replacement. This I totally disagreed with as the adapter was just a week old and was faulty. Under the Customer Terms of Reference I am entitled to a repair or replacement of faulty item. I have also emailed a complaint to Concerns TalkTalk PLC.  Having looked on this Community Forum I see that this problem is not a one off with a faulty adapter. Can anyone advise how to get a replacement as I am currently using my old router. MGS

MGS
Community Team

Hi Scrim

I'm really sorry to hear this.

We can't send just the power adapter I would need to send a replacement router. Would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Scrim
Chatterbox

Hello Debbie,

Thanks for the reply, that would be great thankyou. However is there a problem with the Power Adapters as it appears that others have had the same fault?  Also how do I return the faulty Adapter and Router. 

MGS
Community Team

Hi Scrim

Do you mean the power cable for the router?

Thanks

Scrim
Chatterbox

The AC/DC adapter.

MGS
Community Team

Hi Scrim,

As far as I'm aware there's no known issues with the adapter and I don't recall seeing anyone else reporting any problems specifically with the adapter.

Would you like me to send the replacement router (we will also send a returns bag to send the old router back in)?

Chris

Scrim
Chatterbox

Hi Chris,

Yes please send a replacement router, thankyou. The people reporting the same issue with the adapter is under the heading; "New router SAGEMCOM Fast 5364-3. T8 No Power".

MGS
Community Team

I've ordered the router, should be with you within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery

As with any electrical equipment there will always be a small number that develop a fault but as I've said, there are no known issues as far as I'm aware, specifically with the power adapter

Chris

Scrim
Chatterbox

Chris,

Thankyou for sorting out this issue for me. I assume the replacement is free of charge?

MGS
Community Team

Yes the replacement is free of charge 🙂

Scrim
Chatterbox

A big thanks.

MGS
Community Team
Scrim
Chatterbox
Received replacement Router package today 12/06/19, all working fine at the moment. Speedy delivery great service thankyou
MGS
Community Team

Your Welcome, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Chris