would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Sagemcom firmware update

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
pleriche
Popular Poster

On the Sagemcom router the Maintenance page gives the firmware version (on mine) as SG4K10001400t and a button to install an "updated software image file from your ISP".

There's nowhere on the TT site that I've found where I can check for and download an updated image, nor any indication as to whether the router will do this automatically.

It should check for updates automatically, and just as importantly, give an indication of the last time it did so, and the last time it updated.

Retired InfoSec consultant, incorrigible tinkerer, interested in music, electronics, and how stuff works. Keen to share skills and enthusiasm.
Community Team

Hi pleriche,

The router firmware is updated automatically, we've passed on your comments to a product team, thanks for the the feedback

Chris

foxylady337
Chatterbox

I've just received the Wifi Hub today (4th June 2019), and it has the same firmware version number (SG4K10001400t)

I spent a lot of time putting in "friendly names" etc for the devices on my network but found that some of these were "forgotten" spontaneously and all were lost when I restarted the hub.

Is there a newer version of the firmware? Can I download it and install it myself? If not, is there a way of requesting an upgrade?

foxylady337
Chatterbox

My Hub was rebooted at some time overnight, and I see I now have version SG4K10002600t of the firmware.

I've entered all my "friendly names" and will await events.

I notice that I can't use "Miscellaneous" to describe a powerline adapter - it comes up as a Games Console every time I save the change.

Community Team

Hi foxylady337,

Thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

foxylady337
Chatterbox

Unfortunately, the time I spent keying in "friendly names" was wasted, as the information didn't survive a restart of the router.

I had saved the configuration before the restart, but restoring it didn't bring back the details I'd entered.

Community Team

Hi

The issue of the friendly names being lost at reboot has been passed to our devices teams previously and is due to be fixed in the next update.

Thanks

Karl. 

foxylady337
Chatterbox

Thanks, Karl.

Will the friendly names be preserved in the configuration file, so that they can be reloaded after a factory reset?

Community Team

Hi

I know they should remain stored after a reset, I'll have to double check with the devices team that they can be restored from the saved config file.

Thanks

Karl. 

foxylady337
Chatterbox

Two further issues for the software maintenance team:

1. When I switch my smart TV off and then on again, the friendly name I've entered is lost, and the entry goes back to the default of IP address and Miscellaneous ("?").

2. There is no option for a television set icon (nor is there one for a set-top-box, a laptop or a powerline adapter).

Community Team

Hi

Are you able to reserve the IP address of the TV, so it will always get the same IP whee connected and does this then retain the friendly mane when the device is turned off / on.

Thanks

Karl. 

foxylady337
Chatterbox

I put in the friendly details then clicked the "Reserve IP" button. This erased the friendly details I'd entered, so I had to enter them again.

When I switched the TV off, the TV remained in the list of connected devices (although it wasn't actually connected, but the friendly details were retained, and survived when I switched the TV on again.

However, when I restarted the hub, the friendly details for the TV were lost, although the reserved IP address was retained.

Reserving an IP address is clearly not a useful workaround, as it gives rise to a false indication that the item is connected when it's switched off, and the friendly details are lost when the router is restarted.

I hope you'll pardon my saying so, but this firmware appears not to have been adequately alpha-tested (let alone beta-tested) before release.

robincm1
Team Player
Can anyone tell me if version SG4K10002600t is still the latest one?
Also my TalkTalk hub regularly reboots itself in the small hours of the night - is this normal?
Loofah
Chat Champion
It's the version I have too but no idea if it's the latest
ferguson
Community Star

@robincm1 @Loofah It is the latest version. If you have any specific issues which you would like help with then start your own topics.

Loofah
Chat Champion
OK, thanks. It would be useful to have a page with latest firmware listed then we wouldn't need a thread. Or maybe there is and I haven't found it?
scoulea

Automatic updates are pretty poor, unless we are advised in advance. I could be WFH, in the middle of watching a movie, and my router restart. Unless the device is owned by talktalk, updates and changes shroud be made by the owners. Talktalk  should be able to say "if you don't upgrade we will disconnect you" for security issues, and make suggestions for performance fixes. My main reason for leaving Virgin, was they owned the router, they patched it and it lost my setting. After the 3rd time, I got fed up.