Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Same old. Not able to connect to my work VPN using FAST 5364 router

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
First Timer

Just like many I've seen in this community, I'm too having issues to connect to my work VPN since switching to TalkTalk. My router is the FAST 5364.

To make it even more complicated, my wife also can't connect to her work VPN, and she works in a totally different company, using a totally different client software to connect.

I'm using OpenVPN (OpenSSL) to make the connection and once connected I should be able to use Amazon AWS services (ie: RDS, EC2, S3).

The connection looks to go through nicely, no error messages, nothing to note.

But when I try to reach an endpoint (ie: RDS - xxxx.rds.amazonaws.com) I got an error saying the network path couldn't be found.

I've had a chat with support just a few minutes ago and I was told TalkTalk no longer allows VPN connections, but they were not able to tell me when this change took place. It's mandatory for me to be able to work remotely, and without the VPN connection I just can't do it.

Any help, please?

PS: I've tried the DNS changes in the router as suggested on other posts, at no avail.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi emersonmarini,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems connecting to your VPN. I can send a different make and model of router to test with, would you like me to arrange this?

Chris

Highlighted
First Timer
Hi Chris,

Thanks. That would be nice.

Kind regards.

Emerson
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Emerson,

I've ordered the router, it should be with you within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery 

Chris

Highlighted
First Timer
Hi Chris,

Thanks for that. I let you know how did it go.

Cheers.

Emerson
Highlighted
First Timer
Morning Chris,

Just to let you know I received the new router last Friday and it's in place now. Today I'm taking my work laptop home so I can check whether the issue has been solved.

Thanks for your help so far.

Kind regards.

Emerson
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Emerson

Thanks for your reply.

Please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Whoever told you that TalkTalk no longer allow VPNs is talking rubbish.

I've been happily using IPSEC tunnels through my (very) old Huawei EchoLife HG532 router, and yesterday tried my new(ish) Sagemcom FAST 5364 which also allowed two different VPN tunnels to be created.

Probably the same person who told you that TT no longer allow VPNs was the same knownothing who told me yesterday that the new(ish) FAST 5364 firmware couldn't be upgraded (from the f/w as delivered in Dec 2019 - SG4K10001400t) - but after some firm pushback from me, 'IT' had already pushed f/w two releases later to my box (not a word of we're doing it now, but the clue was that it stopped responding to me even though I was already logged in) to SG4K10002808t.

Impressed with the speed of the response, deeply disappointed that they *appear* to have not fixed the Static DNS issue, which Trishxuk reported back in April 2019!

Highlighted
Community Team
Highlighted
First Timer

Hi @OCE_Chris and @OCE_Debbie,

I can confirm everything is working fine now with the new router. I've already sent you back the old one.

Thanks for your support.

Kind regards.

Emerson

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Emerson

That's great, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie