Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Same problems with disconnecting

23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
Popular Poster

After numerous tests ,an engineer coming out and a new modem I'm still having constant disconnecting from lan and wifi.

The ps4 on lan stops mid games

Amazon echo goes red and tells me it can not connect. Wifi

Hudl 2 (tablet) watching videos will disconnect on wifi.

I keep getting told there is no problem on the line.

The engineer said they have had a number of problems with the wires on the telegraph pole.

If I dont get this sorted soon I'm not renewing my contract in Nov 

E locke
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Elaine, welcome to the community. Your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear during tomorrow. In the meantime please check your community profile and add your landline phone number if necessary it is used to identify your account please don't post personal details here.

The community is very busy, what took minutes can take hours. Be patient, avoid multiple posts and stay healthy, please. 0345 172 0046 working Lo
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Elaine221

If you can add your home number to your Community Profile we can take a look.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Thanks for the replay my problem is still the same however next door has just opened an account with talk talk and has had same problem.

A bt engineer came out and changed his line plus the box on the pole. He told him about the problems I've been having and he told him my line needs changing as the box was a lump of rust.

Why no one else has seen this I donr know considering we constantly been told there was no problem and had an engineer out twice

E locke
Highlighted

Hi Elaine221,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Just to confirm, are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line? I can see a few re-connections on the line. Just to confirm, how often is the connection dropping at the moment? Does it seem to be weather related at all?

Thanks

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Thanks for the quick replay I do not use the landline I dont have a phone. So cant run a test on that but The problem is with broadband wifi and ethernet both keep constantly disconnecting and reconnecting. My speed is all over the place but normally is around 20 to 30mb on fiber. As I say the guy next door now has speeds of 70mb after his line was fixed and has recommended we have ours done due to the condition of it. It's been happening for months so i dont see it being weather related. I do notice it's a common problem on these boards.
E locke
Highlighted

Hi Elaine221,

Do the lights change on your router when the connection drops?

How many times would you say it has dropped so far today?

Chris

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Couldn't say today but yesterday around every 30 to 60 mins the lights mostly do not change but on the odd occasion it goes off totally for around a minute or so and then I get an orange light. Other than that no it stays the same. My tv will show a annoying pop up to show its lost connection and sometimes my amazon echo will say its lost connection. Really annoying
E locke
Highlighted
Popular Poster
No lights do not change and it happens constantly throughout the day I've no idea how many times as I've been busy
E locke
Highlighted

Hi Elaine,

Thanks for the information, line tests are passing and show no reconnections yesterday, one on 6th and two on the 5th.

Have you tested with a second router?

Chris

Highlighted
Popular Poster
It's a new router after months of being told no problem I'm sorry but if a bt engineer says the line needs changing as even the box on the pole was a lump of rust then I would go along with what he said. As for yesterday it disconnected at least 4 times while I was watching the news. My speed tests are 20 to 30 mb. To be honest after reading some of the postings on here with the same issues and same replays I dont think I will bother anymore and just change providers in nov.
Thanks for your help but I'm fed up with it now
E locke
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Screenshot_20191008-085201_Chrome.jpg

E locke
Highlighted

Hi Elaine,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused by this issue. If the condition of the box on the pole was causing problems with your service then we would expect to see issues showing in the line tests but the tests are passing, there's no interference showing, and your router is in sync at 80Mbps.

If you're speeds are fluctuating can you run a couple of speed tests at least 10 minutes apart on the My Account speed checker on a device connected by Ethernet cable to your router (can you try to make sure that no other devices/applications accessing the internet at the time)

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Popular Poster

That's what he said not only that but them engineer who came to my house said they are having problems with that pole. As I say it's a replacement router.

Today not been as bad but it's still disconnecting that I noticed today around 4 times that I seen. But when you said day before yesterday only showing was it twice. That's definitely not right.

E locke
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Everything off on ethernet at 02.00 am best speed was 64mb ave 46mb but as I say not been to bad today. Weather is heavy rain 

E locke
Highlighted

Hi Elaine221,

I've re-run the line test again which is still clear and the connection looks stable since 06/10. Is the TV connected via powerline adapters? Do any other devices also lose connection? 

Thanks

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Yes wifi and lan both go off line for between few seconds to minute and speed fluctuations
E locke
Highlighted

Hi Elaine,

Thanks for the information, I'll take a look at the Openreach connection logs to see if I can see any interruptions to your internet connection. I'll get back to you

Chris

Highlighted

OK I've checked the logs and they're not showing any unavailable seconds since the 6th. Could you monitor for 24 hours and let us know if you experience any more disconnections. Could you please also check if the lights change on the router when the connections appears to drop

thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Hi again sorry for late replay I've had disconnection 4 times yesterday evening and around 15 mins ago. 3 i noticed on lan 1 i noticed on wifi. No change in lights
E locke