Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Secure Connection Failed

3 REPLIES 3
JGreeves
First Timer

I have very recently started a talk talk fibre package. Everything had been working fine but on the 12 day I get this error when opening certain pages.

Secure Connection Failed

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Trying to open any of Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, my dropbox will not sync saying - can't establish a secure internet connection. Also my Steam account won't login.

I have checked the forums and it seem that it is a very common issue and it is generally always the router's problem. 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/Whatsapp-and-Facebook-not-working-on-my-new-TalkTalk-c...

I received a brand new Talktalk Wi-Fi Hub FAST 5364-3.T8, 12 days ago and I don't understand how it could be broken already.

I did an online chat with the technical help and they said the health check was fine.

Please can you help.

Jonathan
Community Team

Hi JGreeves,

I'm sorry to hear this. Just to confirm, are you using HomeSafe?

TalkTalk HomeSafe - An Overview

Thanks

JGreeves
First Timer

Thank you, turning off Kids Safe seems to have fixed the problem. I can now access the websites.

However I did not turn it on originally and I had no issues for the first 11 days. Why on the 12th day would this setting have automatically kicked in without my knowledge?

Jonathan
Community Team

Hi

Our teams are investigating.  Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Regards,

Karl.