cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Sent a new router - clarification on why?

4 REPLIES 4
grahamkingo82
Popular Poster

Hi,

I posted at the weekend about the £4 TV charge, which I opted out of over the phone, but now have another quick question.  I’ve since been sent a new router which I didn’t ask for or think I needed...  Is a member  of the Talk Talk team able to check whether I will be charged for it or anything?

Or is it just because they’ve effectively had to change my plan to ditch the TV charge, so it ended up generating an instruction to send me a new one?

Fair enough if that is the case and that it’s free, though will hold off installing it for the movement in case it needs to go back.

Thanks!

Community Team

Hi @grahamkingo82

I will look into this for you and get back to you. 

Regards

Community Team

Hi @grahamkingo82

It looks like router was ordered on the 18th I've no idea why. There doesn't appear to be a charge for the router. 

If you post back in around a week I can confirm 100% there is no charge.

Thanks 

grahamkingo82
Popular Poster

Hi @OCE_Arne,

Thanks for looking into it for me, much appreciated.  All a bit confusing, especially as I got an email about TV services today - left me wondering if a TV box was going to turn up when I got a text telling me something would be delivered!

I will plug the router in at some point...I take it the existing one would still work if I needed to go back to it?

Thanks

Community Team

Hi @grahamkingo82

Ive checked and there are no other pieces of equipment sent. 

Yes the old router will still work.