Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Service Interruption Everyday at 17:03 - Microsoft Teams, Skype, VPN

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Chat Champion

Myself and partner are both working from home. Everyday at 17:03 we lose connectivity. Microsoft Teams, Skype, VPN drops... everyday... same time. We have different laptops, different builds, working for different companies using different VPN clients. The router is *not* re-syncing. I suspect something odd is happening on the TalkTalk network at this time - maybe a change in traffic management, QoS, throttling, something... that is kicking us out for a few minutes. We start work at different times, have been online for different times, but it's consistent for several weeks.

Router was last power cycled 10 days ago and has stayed synced. Wired connections. It's an HG635 G.1.01 v1.14t - I'm not using the newer router supplied a few months ago because of the nightmares I read about port 80 forwarding, not dealing with that, and the router sent prior to that was only 100Mbps LAN ports not 1Gb... so hence sticking with the older router.

Please, what's happening? Surely this is a network issue to do with peak/off-peak configuration changes?

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Darren,

Sorry for the delayed reply, we're doing our best in these unprecedented circumstances due to the Corona virus to answer everyone as quickly as possible.

I've run a test on the line which has detected a possible voice fault, however the connection looks stable for over 10 days. Are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line?

Do you have any devices set on a timer to come on/off at this time?

Thanks

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Hi

The Voice Line is terrible, we don't use if for outgoing calls any longer because the TalkTalk call charges / packages are too expensive - so we just use inclusive minutes on our mobiles and the line reliability was just so bad. If you can get it fixed that would be helpful for the occasional incoming call.

We don't have any devices on timers. It's a bit odd, the other day is was 12:45 when it went off.

Is there any time based traffic management / throttling / reconfiguration that happens on the network that is kicking off connections?

Regards

Darren Jackson

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Darren,

I'm really sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've passed this straight over to Openreach now to investigate the voice issue and this will be investigated outside of the property We usually advise 48-72hrs for the investigations to be completed, however Openreach are working faults as quickly and safely as possible.

Thanks