Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Service Status can't identify my TalkTalk Router or Line Speed

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hello,

I use the TalkTalk-branded DSL-3782 Super Router and, while everything appears to be working fine, ever since upgrading to Faster Fibre broadband a week or two ago the TT Service Status health check has been reporting that it is unable to tell which router I am using (it was able to OK before the upgrade).

Also, and I guess this is related, the TT Broadband Speed Checker now reports that "Unfortunately our test is not returning enough data to pinpoint any problem", and no longer shows the line speed to the router, only the speed to my device (it reported both figures OK before the upgrade).

Please could anyone tell me whether this is expected behaviour after an upgrade to Fibre or whether it indicates some kind of problem with my connection, the router or its settings (which I have not changed from standard as delivered)?

Thanks for your help.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi MikeSTech,

Just to confirm, were you using the same router prior to the upgrade? Are you experiencing any issues with the connection at the moment?

Thanks

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Thanks for your reply, OCE_Michelle,

Yes, I was using the same router prior to the upgrade, and no, I am not experiencing any problems with my connection so far as I can tell.

It's just that it is unsatisfactory that I am apparently no longer getting the meaningful detailed results that I got previously from running the TT Service Status health check and TT Speed Test, which would allow me to monitor how my new TT Faster Fibre service is performing compared with my previous TT Fast Broadband (i.e. copper only) service.

My upgrade was completed on 7th February.

I hope this clarifies for you.

Highlighted

Hi MikeSTech,

Please can you update your forum profile to include your telephone number so that we can look into this further. To do this go into "my settings" then "personal information" then add your details.

Please do not post any personal information on the forum.

Thanks

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi again OCE_Michelle,

I have now added my TT landline 'phone number to my forum profile as requested, and look forward to hearing from you further.

Thanks for your continued help.

Highlighted

Hi MikeSTech,

Thank you. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the connection stats look ok. Is the service status check still bringing up the same message at the moment?

Thanks