Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Setting a 3rd Party DNS with a WIFI Hub

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi - Id like to set a third party DNS with my new WIFI hub. Looking on the community there are instructions on how to do this but they dont seem applicable to my router. Ive attached a screenshot of the instructions and can follow them until instruction 5 when I cannot find how to select the "TalkTalk Wifi Hub" or the "DNS" tab. Also attached a screenshot of the advanced settings on my router.

Perhaps my router's firmware needs updating?

Highlighted
Community Star

There are two WiFi Hubs, the Sagemcom or Huawei , which one do you have & then I can provide exact guidance.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi, I have the Huawei router.

Highlighted
Community Star

There is currently a bug in the firmware (I assume it is not by design) that means you cannot set the DNS servers that the WAN connection uses.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Thanks for your help, it's frustrating that I can't choose my preferred DNS. Is there anyway I can highlight this to talk talk so that the bug can be fixed? 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

This has been fed back to our devices teams.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Thanks for that. Given that the router software is faulty would I be able to be sent a Sagemcom router instead please? My father in law has one and has no issues.

Highlighted

Hi Leicesterchris

Apologies for the delay.

I can send a Sagemcom WiFi Hub, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Popular Poster

Thank you Debbie, yes please. I am also having significant problems with my broadband speed, it's averaging about 0.06Mbps download speeds since I've been "upgraded" to fibre. This really is ridiculously slow and makes using the internet impossible. Would it be possible to look into this?

Highlighted

Hi Leicesterchris,

I've ordered the router, it should be with you within a couple of days, but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery 

Current sync speed is 21.1Mbps, can you please test with the new router when it arrives and let us know if you're still experiencing slow speeds

Chris