Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Setup draytek and fast 5364

9 REPLIES 9
Gareth1986
Conversation Starter

Is it possible to setup the draytek vigor 130 with the sagemcom 5364? If so what are the settings exactly?I have it working but it's very choppy. Not sure if I enable/disable dhcp. Static ip or Not. Dns servers. I have called draytek 3 times and they have given me 3 different setups each time. Each one choppy. Not sure they understand that I'm trying to get it to work with an isp supplied router as their English is bad. So in short, 5634 router as a router connected to draytek go for 130 modem. Possible? Thanks Gareth.

Gareth wigglesworth
Highlighted
Gareth1986
Conversation Starter

Draytek have told me to set my mtu on my draytek at 1492. And 1500 on another call. Lots of packet loss as I think the 5364 is set as 1500. Constant disconnects from Xbox live. I'm in a real mess. I would be ecstatic if someone resolves this situation. Thank you 

Gareth wigglesworth
Gareth1986
Conversation Starter

Drayek modem is plugged into the 5364 wan with Ethernet cable

Gareth wigglesworth
Gareth1986
Conversation Starter

Few typos... 5364 with draytek vigor 130.

Gareth wigglesworth
ejhobbs
Chatterbox

I had similar issues with my setup, I ended up using this guide from DrayTek: https://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-isp-talktalk . You will need to create an account (annoyingly) but they don't send you any junk, I have only received the account confirmation email and it has been a couple of weeks now.

And that worked perfectly. Simply follow that guide, then tell your router to get its IP address via DHCP and it should behave. I can't remember 100%, but I believe that an MTU of 1500 should be fine as that is what my router is set to, and the DrayTek box handles any conversions that are required. And of course, make sure that the modem is plugged into the red "WAN" port on the sagecomm!

Gareth1986
Conversation Starter

I'm so happy someone knows my pain. I have an account and it lets me login but as soon as i click on anything for e.g "help setting up" it says I need to login when I just logged in??? Frustrating. Do you think you could tell me in writing exactly how you set yours up. Step by step. One draytek guy said enable adsl and put vci of 38. Other said leave it auto, adsl 38, vdsl2 101. And the third said vdsl2 only. P.s do you have it working with talktalks sagemcom fast router? Thanks 

Gareth wigglesworth
Gareth1986
Conversation Starter

I would love it if you could find the time to screen shot the steps for talktalk vdsl2 and post them on here. Or email me *removed for personal security*

Gareth wigglesworth
ejhobbs
Chatterbox

These are the instructions (step 1 is to navigate to the modem's web ui). I'd reccomend if you've changed any settings to perform a factory reset first just to be 100% sure it's configured properly.

Fri 26 Jul 15:28:34 BST 2019.pngFri 26 Jul 15:28:45 BST 2019.png

I'm sorry, but I've not tried with the Sagecomm router as I bought the modem for use with an Ubiquiti EdgeRouter, however I imagine that the steps will be similar. I did, however notice on this site https://www.itwriting.com/blog/10843-talktalks-new-sagemcom-fast-5364-router-and-wifi-hub.html that they mentioned the WAN port may misbehave. I cannot confirm this, and you would need input from the TalkTalk staff to confirm if this could be the case.

Gareth1986
Conversation Starter

Very interesting. Will look to implement that setup tommoro as I'm out for the night. So it's mtu 1492 after all. 5364 has an mtu of 1500 which is not editable I don't think. Again thanks will post if I get it working tommoro 

Gareth wigglesworth
ejhobbs
Chatterbox
No problem, the MTU in that image actually refers to the MTU on the ADSL/2 connection, the MTU of 1500 is correct for VDSL. Setting it lower shouldn't be an issue however, you would only run into issues if the MTU was set too high (As the network wouldn't be able to process any data that was too large)