Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Signal Coverage

Conversation Starter

I bought adapters for £25 from the TalkTalk store

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Ann

You should have received returns information when you received the adapters? There should be paper work included.

Thanks

Debbie

Conversation Starter

I have an invoice, but no returns information.  They did partly work for about a week , altho never to the extent I wanted , so I threw away the bag, but do not have any instructions about returning, sorry. 

Hi Ann

There's returns information here

Thanks

Chris

Conversation Starter

Everything seems to have gone very quiet.  I sent back the faulty adapters and have had a refund, but still cannot get WIFI at the far end of the house.  I cannot find anywhere on the website to talk to anyone even in an online chat - I am seriously think of changing providers in the hope I can get a better service.  How do I talk to anyone?? 

Community Star

Hi Ann,

You can try calling the service centre on this number, wait until the end of the announcements until it asks you why you have called. The number is 0345 172 004.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Conversation Starter

Sadly that number is out of service 

Conversation Starter

I had an email about a month back apologising for delay in me getting any answers and saying there were more people now available for online chat but I cannot see anywhere on the website to access this - any clues? 

Community Star

Sorry, Ann, I have never been able to find anywhere recently offering online chat. Sorry, my copy & pasting of the number missed out the last digit. I have just tried 0345 172 0046 & got an immediate answer.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Philosopher

Call 0345 172 0046, Mon-Sat, 1000-1800

Chat

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-live-chat-team/ta-p/2230529#U2230529

If your problem is just WiFi range, having a single router from ANY company is not likely to improve matters as by law their power output is limited.

If you can find a provider that will guarantee coverage and provide the extra equipment, go for it.

Martin
Community Star

Chat is also here>

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300#chat 

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today

I have Just screwed up again

Hi Ann, 

Really sorry to hear you're still experiencing problems with your wireless connection. 

I understand you've advised the powerline adapters didn't help, do you have another router to test with? 

Thanks,

Jo

Conversation Starter

Jo, I have two problems, so I will try to clarify.

My WIFI only works at one end of the house, in rooms close to the router.  I bought a set of extenders in the hope that this would cost the signal to the other end of my long house.  But they only work as I said when close to the router.  I bought a set which were faulty , they were returned and I have had the money back.  I was sent a second set, but they do not solve the problem of no WIFI at the far end of the house.  I only have one router (supplied by TalkTalk) . I have asked several times if it is possible to have a second router installed at the far end of the house in the hope that I can get on the internet in every room, but no one ever answers that question. 

The second problem is that I pay for Talktalk TV but I haven't been able to connect the TV to the internet for over a year.  The ~TV adapters seemed to have stopped working.  I was sent a replacement set and these do work but only close to the router (as with the WIFI) and unfortunately the talktalk TV box and main TV are at the far end of the house not close to the router. 

I would appreciate any help with these problems.  I spent several hours on the online chat yesterday, but they only seem to want to test the signal of the wifi r which is fine when close to the router.  They did not seem to understand the issue of needing the WIFi to extend much further away from the router. 

Philosopher

@Ann Burley 

TT do not offer a product that provides a MESH or whole home WiFi solution

It is up to you to find a solution that works, so I suggest you invest your time in contacting a local computer shop that will be able assess your home and offer the correct products, such as a second wireless access point at the far end of the hou

As for the TV, either move the router or replace the powerline adapters.

Martin

Hi Ann,

To answer your question, I'm not sure exactly what you mean by installing two router but you can't install two modem/routers on the same telephone line, connected to different telephone sockets

If you have a large house then, as Martin has suggested, it may be worth looking into some sort of MESH solution 

If you're still experiencing problems with your TV service could you please raise this in the TV section and we'll be happy to look into this for you

Chris

Conversation Starter

Thank you, I have been trying to get that answer since March .  I will investigate what you say further.  I did raise the TV problem in the TV section a while ago, but that conversation also seemed to go cold, so I will go back to it and see if I can resurrect it. 

OK Ann, please let us know how you get on

Chris