Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Since changing to fibre TV I players and Android phone problems

6 REPLIES 6
Richard213
First Timer

Like many others on this forum site, I was persuaded to buy fibre, and after many years finally went over from copper.  Since the service started this week, I cannot get BBC IPlayer (and others) on my TV, which I had been successfully receiving for years using my ROKU stick plugged into the back of the TV.  I also noticed that my Android Samsung phone wifi connection keeps disconnecting.

To say this is disappointing is a vast understatement, and I am not looking forward to the hours I will need to spend on the tech support phone line going through pointless testing.  Is there not a customer service number that could simply send me an alternative modem. 

Looking at the number of people who have got this problem, a different modem seems to be the only possible solution (although in one case I read on this site, a different make of modem resulted in a speed identical to the old copper cable speed -circa 8mb).  Either that, or I am simply going to cancel my contract with TT and start again with another provider.

Talk Talk  MUST have a solution to this???

Richard Williams
Community Team

Hi Richard213

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie

Richard213
First Timer

Profile is updated

Richard Williams
Richard213
First Timer

Profile updated

Richard Williams
Community Team

Hi Richard213

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults. I think we should send a HG633 router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Richard213
First Timer

Thank you, and yes please - anything to try to resolve this.  We use I player (various channels) a lot, so this is a big problem for us. Last night saw me wiring my computer directly into the TV to view I player  

Without seeming to blame all problems onto this change to fibre, both my wife and I have noticed a large increase in '400 Bad Request' error messages when browsing (IPad for my wife, and ordinary computer for me).  Seems odd that this only started this week when the new service started.  HELP!

Richard Williams
Community Team

Hi Richard

Apologies for this.

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie