For some time now I've been getting "slow" speeds on my faster fibre. Around 20-21 Mbps download and 10 upload. As I check fairly regularly, I'm embarrassed to say it's since 9th March it significantly dropped from a reliable 37 Mbps.
This isn't much faster than the standard broadband it replaced and way below the average 38 Mbps offered and obviously achievable at my end.
From all other points of view it's working ok, no breaks etc.
I've run the TT self test and it appeared happy. Can't see how it can have deduced that? Have reloaded router.
I'll take responsibility for not raising it earlier, but would appreciate it if TT could look at it from their end.
Solved! Jump to the Best Answer.
I'm really sorry to hear this.
I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any fault and your line is in sync at 22.4mb
Is your router currently connected at the test socket? I can send a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?
Many thanks for getting back.
To answer your points.
You say it's syncing at 22.4, which reflects the average speed I'm seeing.
Are you implying that's an ok speed?
The router isn't connected to the test socket (that's inside the BT box I believe?) It's connected to the outside in normal way (left hand slot) and hasn't been touched since installation.
So regarding the router, yes I'll obviously take any possible solution.
Thanks for confirming. If the master socket does have a test socket then would it be possible to connect the router at the test socket for 48hrs first before we send the replacement router to see if DLM makes any changes to the sync speed?
Hi, thanks for getting back.
Just to remind you that the original reason for raising this fault, was because I belatedly realised that I have been getting slow speeds.
I was not overly concerned as it was not causing any problems.
However as I had upgraded to fibre on the last contract renewal I am not getting any appreciable increase in speed compared to my old connection.
But today it was down entirely for the first time.
Have taken your advice and connected to the test socket and will leave it in place until you say otherwise.
Connection is back up and same speed 20.3 Mbps.
Ok, have sent you a PM. At the time of sending you the PM yesterday, I recorded a speed of 0.68 Mbps and before sending this today 11.8 Mbps.
Although I accept full responsibility for not reporting it earlier, these speeds have been the same since late February. I was going to attach a screenshot of speed test reporting. But it won't accept the file type.
It's over two weeks now since I raised it on here, aside from the fact it's been on-going since February and no constructive improvement has been made.
I'm no expert but the near consistently now to a top speed of 20mbps implies to me there is some sort of cap set on it.
Since my upgrade to fibre last year until February of this year I was reliably getting 38mbps.
Prior to my upgrade I was getting a reliable 16mbps on regular BB.
So I suggest that if the fault can't be fixed, you "unupgrade" me, refund my charges and I will happily continue on my old service. Until my contract end.
Just received an email from TT apologizing for delay in fixing this etc.
Suggests I go via chat line.
But on the summary page I get on my email app it refers to an Amazon voucher. As much as I'd probably feel I justify one, within the email it makes no reference at all to it.
Is it a scam ?
It's all happening here!
Before contacting Chat, I thought I'd run the TT automated service check again.
This time it's decided there is a fault and is sending a new router.
This was suggested back on the 29th June but never followed up.
Could someone please thank the computer.
Sorry for not getting back sooner but I thought it better to let the new router bed in.
To sum up, the best speed I've received for the last few months is 20 Mbps, before that on regular broadband I was getting an excellent 16Mbps.
On first loading the new router I was still getting 20 Mbps and a regular dropping to way below that.
After leaving it a few days that is still the position.
Basically even allowing for the ≤4 Mbps "speed increase", I was better off before the upgrade to fibre.
I still repeat my suggestion from a couple of weeks ago, that I feel some type of cap has been placed on it (hopefully by mistake!) because even though it's up and down, it never goes above 20Mbps.
Hope you can help, other than putting me back on non fibre or I'll accept a capped fibre at non fibre cost!!!