Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Slow Fibre

29 REPLIES 29
Highlighted
Team Player

Hello all

First of all I have done all the tests to check any thing that may be wrong, all

connections are OK done the test socket, switch router off & on cables all other thinks TT said.

My speed is 30 ping 14.1  0.5  TT say I should be 15 to 31 and I get 16?

never got 16 don't know which speed checker they use but I used TT speed checker.

The fast fibre is to POLE that is about 30yds away from my home, from the pole to home is the 

old phone cable.

openreach never came to the house, all I got was a message saying welcome to fast fibre.

So I just a test that is 14.1 & 0.5  30 ping.

Other wise all works just SLOW. Thank you if you know of any other thing can be done ?.

Regards Keith
Highlighted
Philosopher

Your phone line goes to the pole and thereafter to a green fibre cabinet which will be on the ground.

Your speed will depend on that distance.

When you go to Service Centre - Speed to your router - Find out more

You will then see the last 7 days of connection stats along with a dotted line showing your guaranteed minimum.

Are you testing your speed with a wired connection ?

WiFi speed tests are not a reliable indication due to environmental and device variables.

Martin
Highlighted
Community Star

For staff to help you,  @Keithmarr69, please complete your community forum profile details. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard; make sure you put in your landline phone number and a fallback mobile phone number; click finish to save.

Staff reply during the day Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2
Please click "like" if this helped you!
Highlighted
Team Player

The green fibre box is about 500yds from the pole going away from my home. the pole is 20yds from my house. So the distance from my house to the green box about 520yds away up the road.

Regards Keith
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Keith,

Line test is clear but your speed is on the low side and I can see that there have been some reconnections over the last week or so

How many telephone sockets do you have? Do you have anything connected to your telephone socket(s) in addition to your router?

Does your master socket have a Test Socket?

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

Thank you for mail. 1st of all I have done all things TT say That using test socket and all my home setting, and they are OK as far I can see.

The master socket and router goes to socket with the grey lead via the TT filter + Phone

and that is the only socket, the phone is a wireless type with 3 phone 1 master the others in living room and kitchen.

From the router I have TT tv box TV, TT wifi box. all with cat8 cable all new. 

So in all from the master socket 1 router 1 phone.

Hope this will help. Ho my speed this morning 

Regards Keith
Highlighted
Team Player

Sorry I forgot the speed this morning. 14.1 & 0.5 ping 30

Have a good day and STAY SAFE !!!

regards Keith

Regards Keith
Highlighted

Thanks for the information. Sorry but what is the "TT wifi box"?

Could you take a look at the master socket guide and let me know which socket you have 

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

Hello 

The TT Wifi box is 2 boxes from TalkTalk it's a booster which is plugged it to the TT router via ethernet cable that plug it to the mains electric the other box in another room  so you get full Wifi around your property.

As for the Master phone socket it's NE5 which I use a filter suppled by TT, and that socket is the only one in my house and I have one wireless phone plugged it to that.

If you would like to know the Master socket is in the small bedroom which I use as a office which was fitted by Openreach.

Hope this help you to find out why my speed is so SLOW !!!.

This morning my speed 30Ms ping 14.0Mbps download 5.0Mbps upload.

Regards Keith

Regards Keith
Highlighted

Hi Keithmarr69,

Thanks for the clarification, so they are wireless power line adapters?

When you connected the router to the test socket approximately how long did you leave it there?

Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

You should have not ask that. At the moment we have NO phone it's been off since 18:45 last night so NOT a happy bunny.

As for connecting to test socket 1 full day and there is NO difference from the ordinary socket.

I have seed in the pass since being on FAST FIBRE my speed as been no better. 

Before Fibre I got between 10 & 12. OK now with  phone not playing the speed last nigh was 5.0 2.0 . at this moment 13.9 download 0.4 to 05 upload 30ping.

So I not sure why you have not ask openreach to check from the pole to my home and replace the master socket to a new type as this one as been in since we been with talktalk 15 yrs +

or is it as a long time TT customer  just keep them happy ? .

SORRY I'm not blaming you but you can see why I'm P*** off. 

OH it's 15:00 hrs so another 3 1/2 hrs it will be 24hrs with no phone .

Regards Keith STAY SAFE !!!

Regards Keith
Highlighted
Team Player

Good Morning Well still no land line phone is DEAD. fast fibre at this time 05:45 speed 

is 13.9 download & 0.5 upload ping 30.

No sure if openreach work weekend but not seen any one.

Have a good weekend STAY SAFE. 

Regards Keith
Highlighted
Community Star

Staff will be back on here from Monday,  @Keithmarr69.

Chat available from here over the weekend:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

Gliwmaeden2
Please click "like" if this helped you!
Highlighted
Team Player

Thank you for the info. Hope I get some answer then ?. Still not sign of

openreach. Virgin are working on the boxes at the end of our road .

but then again they are always in there. there 3 boxes which feeds the 

east side of town.

Regards Keith
Highlighted
Team Player

Hoping you will see this on Monday morning, if so Hope you had a good weekend.

Is there any chance you can ask Openreach to put an new master Openreach socket and check the wireing from the pole to my home as that been there for 15yrs plus.

As it's been raining most of the weekend so no gardening. I have move my desk and draw cabinet so they can get to the master socket.

Regards Keith
Highlighted
Team Player

Just to keep up to date.

Still NO phone line dead. broadband working although still slow, download 13.9 upload 0.5

Time 08:20 .

Regards Keith STAY SAFE !!!.

Regards Keith
Highlighted
Team Player

Latest upday. our phone ( land line ) is back so we have a phone that is working.

TT say it will be checking for a coulpe day to make sure it's OK.

Now  about slow fibre. All seems ok but I would be very grateful if you can ask Openreach

to change my OLD socket with plug in TT filter to the new master socket with a double 

plug socket 1 for phone 2 for router.

Regards Keith STAY SAFE ALL !!!.

Regards Keith
Highlighted

Hi Keith

Apologies for the delay.

Has the speed started to increase since your last post?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Good Morning The speed this morning 23ping 14.6 download 0.5 upload.

so it's about the same. With the land line broken from Thursday night @ 18:45 till Monday lunch time TT are keeping an eye on the system for 3 to 4 days to make sure all is OK.

The broad band was working but up and down from 5.0 to 12.5 download 0.2 to 0.5 upload

so things are looking ok now since lunch time on Monday.

Regards Keith STAY SAFE

Regards Keith
Highlighted

Hi Keith

Thanks for your reply.

I've checked the connection stats and your line is in sync at 24.7mb.

What speed were you receiving before you experienced this fault?

Thanks

Debbie