cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Slow Speed, IP Address Reservation and Firmware update

Community Team

Thanks for the photo - what are the sockets on either side of the master socket?

Chris

Highlighted
allesclar
Participant

Hi Chris,

Part of the home network and completely separate from the internet, so to speak.

Regards

Community Team

OK thanks, do you have any telephone extension sockets?

allesclar
Participant

Hello,

No, we dont even have a landline phone. The junction boxside the house is connected directly to the socket shown above.

Everything from my side of the junction box, is brand new.

Kind regards

Community Team

OK thanks. Unfortunately we can't really do much about the speed as it is within the predicted range for your line. You could try switching the router off for 30 minutes then switch back on and check to see if sync speed has improved (you're on an 80Mbps profile so it isn't limiting your speed to 59Mbps)

Chris

allesclar
Participant

Hey,

Thanks for the reply.

Is there an even faster profile i can be put on? I remember Sky used to have a "gaming" one which gave us much better pings?

I will give the router reset a try but if i cannot get it back to what it was before i will have to consider my options.

Regards

Community Team

I'm sorry, we don't have a gaming profile option.

Chris

allesclar
Participant

Long story short, i resorted back to my original Sky router and the speeds have improved and gone back to as before.

Talktalk router is now in its box in the loft. Glad i didn't have to pay for it.

Thanks for the help.