cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Slow Speed after faulty modem replaced

14 REPLIES 14
Team Player

A few days ago my original HG612 had multiple disconnects and was showing millions (not an exaggeration) of CRC and HEC errors.  I think the recent heat finished it off.

I've replaced it with another newer HG612 but my line rate is still on 51925 kbit/s downstream and 9999 kbit/s upstream.  The attainable rates are 85844 kbit/s up and 24353 kbit/s down.

Capture.JPG

Is there a faster way to get the speed back or do I have to wait for DLM to do its thing?

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi dmcluckie

Apologies for this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and I can see that the line is in sync at 51.9mb.

We usually advise to allow DLM at least 48hrs to monitor the connection and increase the speed if the connection remains stable.

It would be worth powering down the new router for a full 30 minutes and then leaving the router switched on (without rebooting) If you post back on this thread on Monday then we can check the connection stats again to see if DLM has made any changes to the speed.

Thanks

Debbie

Team Player

Connection has had one retrain so far which adjusted the upload speed back to normal but the download is still in the 48-50 Mbps whereas previously it was 65-69 Mbps.

This also isn't the first time the DLM hasn't readjusted the download speed and only a line reset fixed it.

Capture.JPG

If I need to pay for an engineer to fix a problem, that's ok.

Hi dmcluckie

The line test is now detecting a possible fault. Can I just check if your landline service is working ok when making calls?

I can then escalate the BB fault over to our Network Team for investigation.

Thanks

Debbie

Team Player

I presume the line is ok for calls, I admit I don't really use it for voice.

Hi dmcluckie

Would it be possible to make a couple of test calls just to check for any noise? If the landline service is fine then we can focus on the BB fault.

Thanks

Debbie

Team Player
I am able to make calls and don't notice any noise on the line.

Hi dmcluckie

Thanks for your reply.

I have escalated the BB fault over to our Network Team and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Hi dmcluckie

This fault has been passed to Openreach and is under investigation with a line engineer.

We should receive further updates within the next 48hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

Team Player
Thank you very much.

Hi dmcluckie

I've requested an update on this fault from our Network Team and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Hi dmcluckie

Openreach have advised that this fault should now be resolved. Please can you confirm if this fault has been resolved?

Thanks

Debbie

Team Player
Hey Debbie. Thanks for getting this sorted.

The line did go dead the other day, no dial tone. Which I assume was an engineer doing his thing. When it came back later on the internet connected at the full 75Mbps. So I'm very happy.

Thanks again.

Hi dmcluckie

That's great, thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Debbie