Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Slow and intermittent connection

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
First Timer

Hi.
Joined Talk Talk in Jan 2020. Connection has never been good. Been on help chats many times and always tests run then told to re start my router. I, like many people am working from home and a good connection is essential. Today my speed dropped right down to 1.7 Mbs. After rebooting and the resetting my router I managed to get 8.3Mbs. Rebooting seems to be a daily event. We are unable to watch many programs on the sky package as the 'blip' out and pixelate. Frankly I'm getting a little tired of paying for this 'Service'
any suggestions anyone?

david benwell
Highlighted
Community Star

When you say your connection "has never been good" is that with wired connections, wireless connections, or both? 

Subject to that, if you would like the online support team to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi and thanks for that.

The connection both wifi and cabled are very slow and inconsistent.

Thanks for the tip, I will do as you suggest 🙂

david benwell
Highlighted
Community Star

No worries, give them a day or so to get back to you. 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi ben,

I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see re-connections on the line. Does your master socket have a test socket? Do you have a different router that you can test with? If not then we can send a replacement router for testing purposes.

Thanks

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi,

I have tried both the master and test socket with similar results. The speed is all over the place, peaking at about 32mbs then dropping to one (sometimes zero) in a matter of minutes.

I don't have a spare router and would be glad to try one.

Many thanks.

David

david benwell
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi David

Apologies for the delay.

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie