Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Slow broadband

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Team Player

Hi 

Last weekend  my broadband went from 16 MB to4 mb ,did all usual resets and checks to no avail.

Chatted to talk talk advisor who said after tests my router was faulty so he was sending  out new hub router .after talking to advisor the speed went up to8.4mb and has stayed there since.

Got new router today but speed has stayed at 8 mb

I know there is  an optimisation period but was expecting  and increase in speed.how long before I should notice a difference or is there another problem?

S Sweeney
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi sweeneyafc,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test which hasn't detected a fault. It can take between 24-48hrs for DLM to start making changes to the sync speed if the connection remains stable.

Does your master socket have a test socket? Is the voice service ok with no noise on the line?

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Michelle, 

Thanks for getting back to me.

The day I first noticed the reduction in speed  when I checked the line there was noise on the phone line but after I chatted to advisor and they said they did checks the noise was gone.might be very slight noise on line but wouldn't notice it .still same speed today around 8 mb

STEPHEN 

S Sweeney
Highlighted

Hi Stephen,

Could you connect your router to your test socket (if you have one) and leave it there over the weekend. If you bump the thread on Monday we'll check if there's been any improvement

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi ,have it connected to test socket,speed still the same but will leave it plugged in to test socket, let you know monday how its going
S Sweeney
Highlighted

Hi sweeneyafc

How has the connection been over the weekend?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi
Still the same,8.5mb half the speed I used to get .Dont think router was problem
S Sweeney
Highlighted

Hi sweeneyafc,

Thanks for monitoring. The line test is still clear and the connection looks stable. Is the line still clear of any noise at the moment? Could you try switching the router off for a full 30 minutes and let us know once this is completed.

As the line test is clear then the next step will most likely be an engineer visit to the property to investigate further.

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi ,will try that when get home from work and let you know how I get on
S Sweeney
Highlighted
Highlighted
Team Player
Hi ,plugged out for half an hour ,still the same as before. Doesn't seem to be any noise on the line
S Sweeney
Highlighted

Hi sweeneyafc,

DLM did change your profile yesterday so I would leave it for another 24 hours to see if it changes your profile again.

Do you just the router and a telephone connected to your test socket?

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi,
Yes just router and phone plugged into test socket, still the same this morning.
Will let you know tomorrow what it's like.
S Sweeney
Highlighted
Highlighted
Team Player

Hi ,no change in speed,still half of what I used to get.what can be done now?

S Sweeney
Highlighted

Hi sweeneyafc,

As there's been no speed improvement with 2 different routers at the test socket then we can arrange an engineer visit to investigate further 

If you'd like us to arrange the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also PM'd you to confirm some other details 

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi ,under what circumstances would you have to pay for engineer
S Sweeney
Highlighted

If you look at the link in my last post and go to the Openreach engineer section, it explains when you could be charged 🙂

Chris

Highlighted

Hi sweeneyafc

Thanks for the Private Message.

The line test is now detecting a possible line fault so this has been passed to an Openreach line engineer, no appointment to the property has been arranged at the moment.

We should receive further updates within the next 48hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi

Ok thanks

S Sweeney