Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Slow download speeds

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi,

I had a noisy line & slow speeds back in February, an engineer visited and replaced the wiring from the top of the house to the master socket, this helped enormously and its been ok for a good while. Now my speeds have been dropping again and the line has intermittent noise again. I had another engineer visit and he has remade some connections (all outside) and replaced the master socket.

My download speed is 20 whereas before i had 40+, so i'm not sure his visit actually improved anything other than the noise seems to have gone.

I have chatted online with TT support and they suggested turning my router off for 30 minutes to reset the line, but this has had no effect on speed.

I'm sure that i have seen on the forums where people have asked for their speed to be turned back up - Is this possible? would my line have got slower due to the faulty line and now just needs 'turinng up'?

If this is the case please give it a go!

Thanks

Paul

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Paul

I'm sorry to hear this.

Your line is showing in sync at 40mb. No faults have been detected on the line test.

Please can you try the 30 minute power down one more time and then run a wired speed test following this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Thanks Debbie, I just did as you asked and I’m now getting 37.46 down and 9.23 up. This is the fastest it’s been for quite a while.

I’ll keep an eye on the speeds over the next few days/ weeks.

Thanks for your help.

Paul
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Paul

That's great, thanks for keeping us updated.

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie