Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Slow faster fibre

10 REPLIES 10
Team Player

Hi

I have faster fibre broadband that was running at over 25 meg but now is only running at 15 meg.

I have had the line tested by TalkTalk and shows nothing wrong.

As I used to get 10 meg on non fibre, what has happened to my speed boost?

Any help would be appreciated

Highlighted
Community Star

How do you connect wireless, wired, or a mixture? If a mixture is a wired connection better than wireless?

It is important to see what your line is actually capable of and what your current download speed is.

To help diagnose this issue, please can you log on to your router, by opening a web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox & Google Chrome etc) and then enter this address in the address bar:-

http://192.168.1.1

enter the credentials:-

username: admin
password: admin        (unless you have set your own password).

If you use the HG633 & DSL-3782 or the TalkTalk Wi-Fi hub, they have their own unique password, which can be found at the top of the label on the rear of the router. It is the one labelled "router" or "admin" password, not the wireless one.

Then go to your ADSL or DSL summary page & paste the stats in this thread.

On the HG633 this is at:-

Maintain > System Information & expand Broadband Information

On the DSL-3782 go to the home page & copy the stats from the DSL & IPv4 pages.

If you have the new TalkTalk Wi-Fi hub this can be seen via:-

Dashboard > See internet settings > Manage Advanced settings > TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub

Click on the General tab then scroll down to the page to the xDSL section & copy & paste them into your reply.

Next can you also go to this speed checker (it is useful to have speed test figures taken at the same time as gathering the router's statistics):-

http://www.supportal-test.co.uk/

Alternatively use:-

https://myaccount.talktalk.co.uk/speed-checker/

Do this on both wireless & wired (if you have wired), but with never more than one device connected at a time.

Please can you paste the results here?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
First Timer

Just a suggestion as I got caught by his con.

Was assured the latest super router could handle the speed boost. Once I had signed up and no speed increase followed I was told I would need the TalkTalk Hub..£30 thanks...Kerching.

I was also sold the supersafe boost package which apparently comes free with the speed boost.

Just stamp sucker on my forehead and wheel me away.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi largestm,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line? Does the master socket also have a test socket?

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi

I am having no problems with the voice service.

I have just connected my pc to the master socket so that the internal wiring is disconnected and then I will be running the tests that Keith French asked for (unless these can be done remotely)

but I now have to go to the dentist so I will do this when I return.

Regards

Kevin

Highlighted

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the update. Just to confirm, does the master socket have a test socket? It can take between 24-48hrs for DLM to make changes to the sync speed if the connection remains stable.

Your guide to master sockets

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Michelle

The master socket does have a test socket.

Before I contacted you I tested it at that point and that is the result I achieved ie 15mb download, 6.6mb upload.

Today, I am getting 24.3mb upload and 6.5mb upload. What have you done to give me the speed up?

Regards

Kevin 

Highlighted

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the update. Just to confirm, is the connection/speed still ok since your last post?

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Michelle

I have just done a speed test and it is holding steady at 24.6mb up and 6.13 down.

So whatever the problem was it has cleared and I am now back to normal.

Thanks

Kevin

Highlighted
Team Player

Sorry

That test was the other way around ie 24.6 down and 6.13 up.

Highlighted

OK thanks, glad to hear the speed is back to normal, please let us know if you experience any further problems 

Thanks

Chris