Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Slow faster fibre

7 REPLIES 7
Daveyboy1978
First Timer

For the past month or more I've been experiencing 10mb slower download speeds on my connection.

I have tried to no avail to speak to support about this, and all they are interested in doing is sending out an engineer to charge me more money.

I've had difficulties with you in the past just slowing down my connection for no reason, but this time it has not been sorted out.

I am currently able to download at around 13mb, my usual speed is around 25mb. Although when I was with BT it was closer to 30mb.

I have been told by your operatives that my speed is acceptable within the "11-24mb"; that would be good if I signed up for adsl.

Clicking on my package details, minimum guaranteed speed - 19mb.

cropped.png

I have tried two routers, both of yours. 3 different microfilters, connected to the master socket, two different rj11 connectors from the router to the microfilter. Have tested the speed on 4 computers over ethernet cable to the router, and on my phone over wifi and the speed is 13mb.

Looking at the router shows this:

router information.png

I would obviously like this sorted as soon as possible, I grow tired of having to contact you with the same issues over and over again.

Daveyboy1978
First Timer

Bump... 

ferguson
Community Star

Bumping your topic just puts it at the back of the queue, wait until one of the support team responds.

Community Team

Hi Daveyboy1978,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the connection looks stable. Just to confirm, does your master socket have a test socket?

Thanks

Daveyboy1978
First Timer
Yes it does, and the router is connected to that.
Community Team

Hi Daveyboy1978,

Thank you for confirming this. How long was the alternative router connected for as it can take between 24-48hrs for DLM to make changes to the sync speed if the connection remains stable? Is the voice service also ok with no noise on the line?

Thanks

Daveyboy1978
First Timer

Can you look back on your records as to what you done before to get my connection back up to its proper speed please  

Community Team

Hi Daveyboy1978,

If moving the router to the test socket doesn't improve the speed then it's probably going to need an engineer visit 

Chris