Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Slow fibre broadband speeds

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hello i previously made an inquiry into slow fibre speeds.

I did what was recommended to change the wireless channels personally I think it made my connection even slower I changed back to the default settings.

I also waited 14 days for the connection to stable out but no change I renewed my contract under the impression I was getting a better deal but my speeds are still failing to push above what was promised.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
It says on the main TalkTalk website.
Your Speed to your Router
Estimated Speed: 65 Mb - 80 Mb, Measured Speed Today: 80 Mb lol 😂 I certainly am not getting those speeds my connection stays in the mid 30 Mbps
Highlighted
Conversation Starter
  • Screenshot_20200201-185600.pngScreenshot_20200201-182034.png
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Gibbons,

I'm sorry for the delay and I'll take another look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the sync speed looks good. Do you have any devices connected wired so we can confirm if this is related to the wireless speed as we'll be able to offer further advice on this?

Thanks

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Hi Mitchell no problem thank you for reply I keep all my devices wireless I haven't seen any speed improvements beyond my previous speeds. I have checked the talktalk website also indicating my connection is stable and I'm getting 80mb.
But when I do speed tests their is significant reduction.
I don't know what the problem is then is my router outdated ?

Highlighted

Hi,

Wifi is only as fast as the slowest device.  Make sure all devices are powered off so not connecting to WiFi, select one device you think is the best, and try some speed tests with this.  You can also log into the router and turn off the 2Ghz wifi for a short time, so you only have the device connected to 5Ghz wifi and see what speed is achieved on our speed test via My Account.

Thanks

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Thanks Karl will do appreciate the advice ☺👍
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Screenshot_20200204-013446.pngScreenshot_20200204-013802.png

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

I did what you recommended will I keep 2Ghz wifi permanently disabled as it does seem to have improved as the speeds are bouncing around many thanks Karl.

Highlighted

Hi Gibbons,

Thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks