Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Slow fibre speed

14 REPLIES 14
andy0910
Popular Poster

Hi I currently pay for fast fibre with a fibre boost .

I did a speed test the other week which was kind of surprising as my upload speed was around 17 mbps and the download speed was exactly the same

As I currently pay for a fast fibre and have the fibre boost I decided to do all the checks and over a few days did all the required checks. I retested my line and got the same results so I decided to contact talk talk who in the end did some tests and sent me a new router . Even after setting up the new router i'm convinced its the line speed which is the problem not the internal equiptment.

As Ive just renewed my contract recently and talk talk commit to a minimum of 40 mbps line speed I will have no choice but to terminate my contract which im legaly entitled to do if the situation is not sorted

Andy
ferguson
Community Star

Can you post your router sync rates here? What is your guaranteed minimum and how does this compare? 

andy0910
Popular Poster

My Internet Connection

Status
Connected
Current speed

Download
16.5 Mbps

Upload
18.1 Mbps
Connection up-time
Connected since 3d 14h06m31s

Andy
ferguson
Community Star

Well that does look a bit low, but it is hard to judge in isolation. I have flagged this up to the support team, give them the usual day or so to respond. 

andy0910
Popular Poster

Thanks for your help

My Guarenteed speed is between 39 and 40 Mbps 

Andy
andy0910
Popular Poster

And the other thing that doesn't look right from experience is the download speed is usually a lot faster than the upload speed which isn't the case on my line

Andy
ferguson
Community Star

That sounds like an estimated speed range to be fair, your guaranteed minimum will be a single figure. But let's leave it for the OCE now. 

Community Team

Hi andy0910

Apologies for this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see re connections on the line.

Is the router connected at the test socket? Have you tested with a different router?

Thanks

Debbie

andy0910
Popular Poster

Hi yes I've tested with 2 routers but I've just plugged my line into the test socket just now

Andy
Community Team

Hi andy0910

Thanks for your reply.

Would it be possible to leave the router at the test socket for 48hrs so we can see if DLM adjusts the profile/speed in this set up?

Debbie

andy0910
Popular Poster

Yes that's not a problem if the line looks ok maybe I'll have to get a new master socket fitted as the one installed now is very old 

Andy
Community Team

Hi Andy

Thanks for your reply.

Please can you post back on this thread on Thursday and we can check the connection stats/speed again.

Thanks

Debbie

andy0910
Popular Poster

Hi

Can you test my line speed again the line has been in the test socket for 2 days now

Thanks

Andy

Andy
andy0910
Popular Poster

Ive just done a status check and the results are 

The health check we carried out on your broadband line shows that recently you have not been receiving the estimated download speed we guaranteed when you signed up to TalkTalk.
Estimated speed: 39 Mb - 40 Mb
Recent speed: 16 Mb
Please use our guide for tips on how to improve your broadband speed. If you can't resolve the issue please speak to our team.

And ive logged into the router and its showing 

My Internet Connection

Status
Connected
Current speed

Download
16.5 Mbps

Upload
18.4 Mbps
Connection up-time
Connected since 2d 03h23m21s

Hope this helps 

Andy

Andy
Community Team

Hi Andy,

I'm sorry to hear this and thanks for trying this. Is the voice service ok with no noise on the line? When you tested the replacement router did you also replace the microfilter and cables?

As soon as we've confirmed this then we can pass this straight over to our Network Team to have a look at the broadband speed.

Thanks