Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Slow/intermittent connection for >3 Weeks

9 REPLIES 9
KingInternet1090
Participant

Hi, I have Faster Fibre inc. Speed Boost and for over 3 weeks now have had an extremely bad connection whether wired or wireless. The service drops regularly and required manual resets of the router, a reset lets the service run great for approx. 30-60 minutes then it drops again. The highest speed during testing is 20Mb, but more regularly the service runs at >5Mb and low bandwidth services such as streaming really struggle.

Please can this be looked into?

Thanks

Community Team

Hi KingInternet1090

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Just to confirm, is the telephone number in your Community Profile the correct number? (please do not post the number on this thread)

Thanks

Debbie

KingInternet1090
Participant
Yes, I have updated to latest home phone number.
Community Team

Hi KingInternet1090

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and your line is in sync at 78.4mb.

Are you running wired or wireless speed tests?

Thanks

Debbie

KingInternet1090
Participant
Hi Debbie,

Wired and wireless, tested on multiple devices too. The connection fluctuates throughout the day.

Thanks
Community Team

Hi KingInternet1090

Thanks for your reply.

I can send a replacement router for testing. Which router are you currently using? (make and model)

Thanks

Debbie

KingInternet1090
Participant
HG633 -Is it possible to get a new Wi-Fi hub?
Community Team

Hi KingInternet1090

We can send a replacement HG633 or DSL3782 router via the Community. If you contact our Customer Service Team then they can discuss sending a WiFi Hub.

Thanks

Debbie

KingInternet1090
Participant
Whichever router is fit to support full speeds, but I believe there is a line issue and that hardware replacement won’t solve this
Community Team

Hi KingInternet1090

I've ordered a replacement router for testing, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

If the fault is still present with this router then we can pass this over to our Network Team for investigation.

Thanks

Debbie