Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Slow internet speeds

8 REPLIES 8
Davi118
Chatterbox

Hi everyone

I have just re-joined TalkTalk, and I'm very disappointed in the internet speeds I'm getting.

From my previous supplier was getting speeds of over 50 Mb/s. With TalkTalk fiber I'm only getting average speeds of 27.00 Mb/s and have had it drop to below 18 Mb/s on one occasion.

Their technical department isn't up to the job and can not give me a proper answer in why one supplier can get the speeds and they cant.

I asked to be put on the Fiber 35 as this is cheaper tariff but their answer was it would cost me £30.00 to change to the lower tariff, which was extremely distasteful. I have wasted a good few hours or so with them and still receiving a poor slow service.

So my question still is why cant TalkTalk get the speeds that other suppliers can give and have already received? 

David Cornish
Skynet_TX
Community Star

Hi @Davi118,

Can you check the sync speeds you are getting to your router, would be interesting to see if these are significantly higher than the speed test results that you are getting, or if they are also just as low.

What is the estimated speed range for your line that is shown in the Service Centre ?

Are your sync speeds within that estimated speed range ?

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a working day or two.

OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Davi118

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie

Davi118
Chatterbox

Hi followed your link for speed test....... 19.5 Mbps

Your average download speed

6.5 Mbps

Your average upload speed

This this unacceptable and not even to your contract. Also I thing I shall refer this to ofcom as I have been miss sold the fiber 65. Also you are advertising on TV and making statements of 38 Mbps upwards average speeds. And rerecorded advert and there is no statement that you might not get the speeds. false advertising plain and simple. I'm on fiber 65 and getting 19.5. Do not bother with your technical department as totally useless and the advise to downgrade from fiber 65 to fiber 35 at a cost of to me for £30.00 is unbelievable when contractually I'm not getting the contract speeds. I still ask the question on previous supply I have over 50 Mbps and TalkTalk is abysmal speeds. WHY?

David Cornish
Davi118
Chatterbox
Done as asked and updated profile a few days ago
David Cornish
alles
First Timer

I am on Faster Fibre. I have just checked the speed on Which site and the download was less than the uplod, about 6.0. I wish I knew how to Talk to somebody.

alles
Skynet_TX
Community Star

Hi @alles,

If you would like help from the staff on this community you would need to start your own topic, as they can only help one customer per topic.

It would be worth you checking your sync speeds and estimated speeds as mentioned in my reply at the start of this topic, also try switching your router off for over 30 minutes.

SocialTeamJo

Hi Davi118,

Apologies for the delay.

I'm sorry you're encountering problems with slow speeds, have run a line test and can see that the router is currently syncing at 33Mbps.

Have sent you a PM so that I can take some further details and look at what speeds you should be achieving. 

Thanks, 

Jo

SocialTeamJo

Hi alles,

Apologies for the delay.

Please start your own topic as we'd be more than happy to help.

Thanks,

Jo