cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Slow speed after changing router.

5 REPLIES 5
Popular Poster

I'e had some disconnects this week because of a the master socket getting hit.

This has been rectified and installed your new router from hg633 to fast 5364.

Chat have wasted hours of my time.

Can you please run a test on the line and bring the connection back to what I had last few years.

Since changing router to your new one - I've lost download speed . Now get 60ish Mbps - usually for the last 3 years have had 83 Mbps. Please can you use same line settings from previous week?

Many thanks, let me know further details required.

Community Star

Hi @AbjectBlitz 

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi AbjectBlitz

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and your line is in sync at 73.1mb.

It can take a little while for DLM to increase the speed if the connection has been dropping.

Please can you leave the router switched on, without rebooting and post back on this thread in 48hrs, we can then check to see if DLM has made any changes to the line profile/speed.

Thanks

Debbie

Popular Poster

Hi support,

Seeing much better speeds now.

Thanks you.

Hi AbjectBlitz

That's great news 🙂

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Debbie

Hi AbjectBlitz

That's great news 🙂

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Debbie