Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Slow speed after talktalk applied super fast boost

54 REPLIES 54
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

hello everyone 

Decided to take out another 24 month contract on the 17th of January £21.95 with 70meg super fast boost. Before the boost i was getting 38meg consistency no problem whatsoever. The boost was applied and my speed became very unstable max speed went down to 23meg sometimes dropping to 11meg got in touch with talktalk who told me to wait for 48 hours for the line to stabilise which it didn't .

got in touch again and arranged for a phone call and nobody called ask for the boost to be removed now my speed is slow and unstable.

So far talktalk have 

asked me to restart the router leave it off for 30 mins

sent me a replacement router 

arranged for a call back three times only had one call back that wasn't at the arranged time i was in work. I have contacted talktalk on a number of times to try and sort the problem out. The problem only started when talktalk tried to apply my super fast boost My upload speed is around 9 meg all the time.

I have never been with another internet provider Only talktalk

Thanks in advance 

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @diorock4875 

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi diorock4875

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and your line is in sync at just under 50mb.

Are you running speed tests when connected wired or wireless?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi I’m using a wired connection for the speed tests. My Internet seems much better today 

Thanks for the quick reply 

Highlighted

Hi diorock4875

Thanks for keeping us updated. If you do experience any further issues then please post back on this thread and we can look into this further.

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Great thanks. I'm getting 38meg can you please let me know if its the maximum speed I can get??

Thanks again Steve 

Highlighted

Hi diorock4875

I would expect to see slightly faster throughput speeds based on the sync speed of 50mb.

Please can you power down the router for a full 30 minutes and then run a wired speed test following this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Ok will do and report back with the results. 

Highlighted
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi Debbie I have turned my router off today for about an hour. My speed is exactly the same as before 36 /38 meg 

Was hoping for a bit more speed 

Thanks Steve 

Highlighted

Hi diorock4875

Was this a wired or wireless speed test?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi Debbie I have tried wired and wireless they are about the same

Steve 

Highlighted

Hi Steve

Do you still have the other TalkTalk router? Would it be possible to re connect this router?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hello again Debbie yes I have the old router and I will set it up when I get a few minutes 

thanks for all your help so far 

Steve 

Highlighted
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hello I have connected the old router and my speed goes from 35/45 but is unstable at the moment ping is 22 used to be around 12 

Again thanks for all your help so far much appreciated 

Steve 

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Been keeping an eye on my speed and it still seems to be very unstable one minute I'm getting 44meg the next around 30meg 

Steve 

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hello again. Just a quick update on my speed problem. When I perform a speed test  

It goes upto around 40/45 meg it hits this figure then slowly goes down to 25/27 meg then stays there sometimes it goes lower than this. Hope to get a reply soon

Thanks again Steve 

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hello all another quick update my speed has dropped to 20/25 meg constantly 😭

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hello speed is around 30 meg constantly hope someone can help 

Thanks again for your help so far 

Steve