cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Slow speed after talktalk applied super fast boost

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hello not had a response for a bit. My speed is still very unstable. I ran the service status check on the talktalk website which said that my speed could be better?

Where do I go from here?

Thanks Steve 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Steve

I'm really sorry for the delay.

Your line is showing in sync at 49mb. How quickly do you run the speed tests? Do you allow a couple of minutes in between each speed test?

Which router is currently connected to the line? (make and model)

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi Debbie I leave it  sometimes 10 minutes sometimes 5 minutes doesn't matter. When I check my service status on the talktalk website it says I'm not getting the correct speed. My neighbour who uses the same bt pole going to the same cabanet and he gets on average 60 meg without any problems 

Steve 

Highlighted

Hi Steve,

Is the device that you're running the speed test on the only device connected to your router at the time? Just wondering if any other device could be using bandwidth when you run the tests

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi. There is nothing else using the Internet when I perform a speed test. My speed today goes up to around 43meg then drops down to around 33meg doing the same speed test with a cable not WiFi with nothing else using data. This has been happening for a month now my upload speed is exactly 11meg all the time. I never had a problem with the speed which was 39meg all the time. then I signed up for a new contract with the super fast boost which it took me 3 times to get it activated. My speed never changed at all and became unstable I asked for the super fast boost to be removed and my speed dropped to 22meg which used to be 39 without the boost. Had the boost activated again and the speed went to 45meg perform a speed test a couple of minutes later and it's 33 meg or it goes to 46 then drops down to 33/35 during the speed test phoned talktalk and loads of live chats and three call backs only got a call back  one time which was the wrong time so I was in work 

My service status says I'm not getting the correct speed and they are working on the fault talktalk say there is nothing wrong and I'm getting nowhere. 

Steve 

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Well here we go again. My speed is grinding to a halt again 😡 download 12meg and upload 11meg live chat waste of time service status still says that there is a problem and talktalk need to run some more tests and need my help. I have contacted live chat and they don't know what I'm talking about!!

Starting to get really fed up with the whole thing now I'm not getting the expected speed and talktalk are no help whatsoever 

Steve 

Highlighted

Hi diorock,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've re-run the line tests which are still clear at the moment.

Are both routers the same make and model? If they are then we can try sending a different router (make and model) to see how it compares?

Thanks

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

talk The two routers are the same talktalk WiFi hubs latest model wi fi is great no complaints about them. You sent me out a replacement router which is the same. I connected the new router and my speed dropped was asked to change back to my old router and my speed went back up to 42/44 but unstable as I have said my problems started when talktalk tried to apply the speed boost package 

Steve

Highlighted

Hi Steve

We can try sending the HG633 or the Wifi Hub Black to see how the connection compares. Would you like to try this?

As the line tests are clear the only other option would be an engineer visit to the property.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hello Debbie yes I could try the wifi hub black and hope that this does the trick 

Thanks again Steve 

Highlighted

Hi Steve

The replacement router is on its way, please let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi Debbie it looks like the new router has done the trick. 

Now I'm getting a nice and steady 48/50 meg with 11 meg upload. 

I just wanted to thank you and the rest of the people on the forum for all your help. 

We got there in the end!!!!!

Thanks again Steve 

Highlighted

Hi Steve

That's great news, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie 🙂

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hello Debbie looks like I spoke too soon. Last night Saturday the Internet completely stopped working for about an hour had to restart the router then had Internet again but very slow the connection slowly came back to normal until this morning when I had no Internet again had to restart the router again and the speed was slow again and took about 30 minutes to get back to normal. 

Please can someone please help as this is going from bad to worse again 

Steve 

Highlighted

Hi Steve

I'm really sorry to hear this and I'll take another look now. I've re-run the line test which hasn't detected any faults and your line is in sync at 52.8mb.

How has the connection been since your last post?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hello again seems to be OK for the moment 

I will keep you posted 

Steve 

Highlighted
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hello again speed down to 22 meg all day sometimes even lower. 

Sorry but this is starting to get past a joke 

Steve 

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

OK so here we go again. Two days of trouble free Internet in eight weeks!! Three replacement routers loads of phone calls live chats are a total waste of my time. My service status says that I'm not getting the correct speed and I'm suffering from numerous  disconnects. WHY CAN'T THIS BE SORTED OUT I pay for my Internet speed boost package what's the point??

I used to get 36 /38 meg before I made the mistake of taking out a new contract with TALKTALK and was told that I could get 60 meg with the speed boost package. It took two weeks to get the boost activated and my speed went to 45meg and was unstable had the boost removed instead of returning to 38 meg it went down to 22 meg. So now I have to pay the price for the speed boost package to get me back to where I was before and it's still unstable. So what now?? Phone talktalk been there. live chat waste of time PLEASE REMEMBER THAT I'M PAYING FOR THE INTERNET SERVICE and I'm not getting the correct speed and service I'm paying for talktalk are no help whatsoever my next door neighbour gets 60 meg without any problems same telephone pole same exchange so what is the problem PLEASE WHY CAN'T THIS BE SORTED OUT WHY SHOULD I PAY FOR THIS RUBBISH 

Not happy 

Steve 

Highlighted

Hi Steve,

I'm really sorry to hear this. The line test is still clear at the moment and the sync speed looks consistent and I can see 1 re-connection on the line. If this is still happening when connected wired and all testing has been completed at the test/master socket then we can arrange an engineer visit to the property. Would you like us to arrange this for you?

Thanks