Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Slow speed after talktalk applied super fast boost

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Sorry but it's a problem on your end not mine  

If I restart the router it's fine my service status says I'm not getting the correct speed and service it is says my router is working as it should. So I have to pay for someone to come out to fix something that is your problem? Please remember that my problems started when talktalk tried to apply the speed boost so there is a problem your side. You guys reset things and I get the speed again so how can it be a problem with my house??

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi,

If the speed increases again after rebooting the router then this suggests a possible router issue, however I can see that you've tested with a different router already. Was this a different make and model to the first router?

Thanks

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

My original router was the wifi hub the the second was the wifi hub the last one was the wifi hub black. The first one had no problems at all then you tried to apply the speed boos. Router number 2 was slower than the first one and the new wifi hub black gets 46/48 meg but is unstable it drops to around 22  meg restart and it goes back up to speed 

Steve 

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Don't know if this may help but my upload speed is 11meg  consistently with no problems whatsoever 

Highlighted
Team Player
Have you got it sorted?
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

No. download speed still unstable  at times upload speed 11meg consistently so that tells me there is nothing wrong with my side 

Steve 

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Good morning everyone. What will the family do today??

Netflix no unstable Internet 

YouTube no unstable Internet 

A quick game of xbox as long as don't go online. 

Phone talktalk. Total waste of time must have phoned then 30 times in the last two months (YES TWO MONTHS) and I get the same run around same questions same tests same out come nothing. 

Yes sir we can arrange a call back for you 

Total waste of time. 1st appointment no call 

2 called at the wrong time when I was in work 3rd time was told that my problem has been past over to an engineer. 

Live chat. 

Must have had 50 so far always the same tests same questions same response same out come nothing done. 

It's all you line can handle. 

Well how does my neighbour get 60meg with no problems whatsoever and is only 20 feet away same line to the same cab at the end of the street  and to the same exchange 

Talktalk don't seem to be able to answer this so I am going to spend today trying to use the Internet which I'm paying for knocking my head against a brick wall. PLEASE CHECK MY SERVICE STATUS WHICH SAYS THAT I'M NOT GETTING THE EXPECTED SPEED AND THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH MY INTERNET 

I have made a formal complaint to talktalk 

Again Steve 

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Anyone?? 

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Ok for the last two days my speed at one point got to 17.3 meg. my speed should be at least 44meg ha ha in my dreams 

service status says there is still a problem 17.3 meg is a total insult 

17.3 talktalk speed-test wired connection 

router says I'm getting 51meg even when I'm not getting any service at all and never changes even when i reset it 

three routers eight weeks and total waste of time 

and i get an email this morning blaming me for not responding on the 20th to a rep by text message i wated for over an hour no with response 

so what happened with the eight weeks before the 20th ?? talktalk can't answer this 

so now i am consideing leaving talktalk.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Very disappointed not even a response 

It says it all 

Highlighted

Hi diorock4875

I'm really sorry for the delay.

I can escalate your complaint so this can be investigated/discussed further with a Complaints Manager. Would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Yes please that will be fine 

Highlighted

Hi diorock4875

I have escalated your existing complaint over to our CEO's Office and a Complaints Manager will contact you as soon as possible.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi well I have decided to leave talktalk and have just been informed that I will have to pay £176 to leave my contract. 

So what happened to the eight weeks from when I took the contract out and didn't get a proper service?

I'm sorry talktalk i will be contacting the ombudsman 

Steven Evans 

Highlighted

Hi diorock4875,

Apologies for the delay. Have you discussed this with your Complaint Manager?

Chris