cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Slow speed in the evening

garytastic
Conversation Starter

Hi, I've had 2 phone calls from someone at The Service Management Centre regarding my slow speeds. They said they were going to contact me on my alternative contact number but they haven't.

They left me a message on my answer machine saying that there was a clear fault on the line  and I do need and Open Reach Engineer.

Do you have any idea what this fault is?

My speeds had gone back to normal for a few days but they have dropped a bit over the weekend.

Community Team

Hi garytastic,

It looks as though the network team have been trying to contact you to arrange the engineer visit. If you'd like us to arrange the visit please let us know and we'll confirm some details with you

Chris

garytastic
Conversation Starter

If you could help arrange it I would be grateful.

Community Team

If you'd like us to arrange the engineer can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also PM'd you to confirm some other details 

Thanks

Chris

garytastic
Conversation Starter

I'd like a PM appointment but can I specify which day? as there's not always somebody in.

It's the service management centre who say I need an engineer as there is a fault on my line so does that mean I won't be charged?

Community Team

Thanks for the PM.

Could you give a couple of dates when you can be available for the engineer visit and we'll book the earliest available 

We can't guarantee 100% that you won't be charged, it depends on the engineers findings

Chris

garytastic
Conversation Starter

I can only do Fridays so the 16th or 23rd, PM

Highlighted
Community Team

Is Friday the 9th no good (don't know if it's available but it may be)

Chris

garytastic
Conversation Starter

Would you be able to tell me if the 9th is available? and I can see if I can get the time off work.

Community Team

OK I'll ask our network team to check

Chris

Community Team

Hi garytastic,

Our network team have booked friday 9th PM, please let us know if this is not suitable 

Thanks
Chris

garytastic
Conversation Starter

That's ok, Thanks.

Community Team

OK thanks, please let us know how you get on

Chris